Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

4 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m tired of seeing BD’s hairography. 

(I wasn't going to address it, but I'm in 100% agreement :peek:)

Their equipment however is off the charts. No one can spin like BD.

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

That SCV spread is similar to what BD does some of their championship years.  I’m not afraid to say the writing is pretty much on the wall. That show is something amazing to see live. They haven’t even added on their amazing ending that I think most of us have heard on video.  That’s going to seal the deal.  I am so looking forward to seeing this show in Indy. Any other year we would have a competition with what Coats and Devs are putting out. Not this year. Babylon is slowly putting itself among the Felliniesque, Frameworks, My Spanish Heart company of dominance.  It’s a beautiful show.  

I'm not willing to call it until they show more dominance in GE. Right now they're barely edging Bloo in that category. Those dominant BD and Cavies shows often had huge leads in the GE caption

• Like 1

Nice show in Katy. Good crowd, very reactive throughout the shows. Despite the jail-cell obstruction for me, the seats were good. All were close to the field. I could see the performers grunting.

(I just noticed it felt right to write "performers" instead of "marchers.")

As much as it would be great to have The Cavaliers as contenders, it's SCV, BD, Bloo for the top three, in whatever order at the remaining shows unfold. Wonderful shows getting wonderful scores. Crown is scoring well, too, but the show doesn't do anything for me. Not a hater, just not getting the goosebumps I want from a drum corps show.

Good this year is that I find Cadets, Phantom, and Crossmen very entertaining. I'd put Crossmen atop the other two for entertainment.

On to San Antonio.

• Like 3

I think the Bluecoasts should and will win after seeing live tonight

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I've said it from the beginning, SCV has the best musical package of all the corps this year and probably the most lackluster visual package of the top 6. Which is shocking to say about a program designed by Michael Gaines himself.

Lackluster visual???? Whaaatttt?? :spitting:

• Like 1

Just now, POSITIVenrgy said:

Lackluster visual???? Whaaatttt?? :spitting:

Just my opinion :)

The show has very little actual drill. Lots of running around props and standing still while playing really technical passages. They throw in a trick or two in (the backflips, the dance break, etc) but the corps is confined to the middle and front half of the field, not much color going on, it's just a big blur to me. 

They're performing the heck out of it, but there are other corps who I find to have more interesting/visually appealing programs this year, nothing against SCV!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm not willing to call it until they show more dominance in GE. Right now they're barely edging Bloo in that category. Those dominant BD and Cavies shows often had huge leads in the GE caption

Cappy have you seen SCV live? Just curious. I know you love BD....and they are amazing, but I think SCV has that intangible "it" factor this year. Especially live. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Cappy have you seen SCV live? Just curious. I know you love BD....and they are amazing, but I think SCV has that intangible "it" factor this year. Especially live. 

I have not! Though my comment was more in reference to this SCV show dominating in the sense that it cruises the rest of the season with a 1+ point margin (which I can't see happening until SCV pulls away in the GE category). I am 75% sure SCV is winning the season regardless 

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I have not! Though my comment was more in reference to this SCV show dominating in the sense that it cruises the rest of the season with a 1+ point margin (which I can't see happening until SCV pulls away in the GE category). I am 75% sure SCV is winning the season regardless 

Ok, gotcha.  Well, I hope you get the chance. I wish I could see Bloo live.... you can only tell so much from Flo. But I think first, second, and third place tonight are right on. 

Just back from the show. A few thoughts....GREAT crowd tonight. Bloo is a great corps, Crown is Crown (thankfully) and SCV is just wow. I had goosebumps throughout. The Crowd went absolutely NUTS for SCV..and you saw the appreciation on the performers faces when it happened. Beautiful. A great night!

• Like 7