Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

Take away the soloist and there isn’t much left on the bar. 

Hilarious

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

My apologies for not mentioning crown last night. I immediately got in my car and drove to SA. 

Crown had a lot of energy and that horn line was great!!! :) they really enjoyed themselves!

First of all, thank you for following my posts and it was an overall fun show! I would also like to apologize about the bluecoats comment. After sleeping on it, I feel like it was unwarranted. I hope they rock it tonight!

My initial thoughts of that stadium. I think I held it to an extremely high standard, but I am not a big fan of this stadium.... specifically the parking. People had trouble getting into the place which caused a lot of people to miss Crossmen. Let's hope it gets back to the berry center soon!

You don’t need to apologize for your opinions :thumbs-up:

(unless it’s directly insulting the corps members)

36 minutes ago, DCIPhan78 said:

As a TOC show should Boston be there? 

Boston was not a part of the G7 which was the origin of the TOC shows. 

Now that I think of it, it wasn’t until 2016 that every G7 corps had atleast one championship under their belt, funny how that works 

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Boston was not a part of the G7 which was the origin of the TOC shows. 

Now that I think of it, it wasn’t until 2016 that every G7 corps had atleast one championship under their belt, funny how that works 

In recent years, hadn't they moved to top Corps plus a different guest Corps at each show?  I do remember Spirit playing at a TOC show maybe 2-3 years back. 

1 hour ago, DCIPhan78 said:

As a TOC show should Boston be there? 

No. The G7 format was rejected by DCI as proposed several years back, and as a result, the TOC format that has been approved now includes DCI Corps that were not included in the original proposed format. ( such as Boston ). and have for a few years now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

In recent years, hadn't they moved to top Corps plus a different guest Corps at each show?  I do remember Spirit playing at a TOC show maybe 2-3 years back. 

Yep they have. Crossmen and BK were the guest corps last night 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Just my opinion :)

The show has very little actual drill. Lots of running around props and standing still while playing really technical passages. They throw in a trick or two in (the backflips, the dance break, etc) but the corps is confined to the middle and front half of the field, not much color going on, it's just a big blur to me. 

They're performing the heck out of it, but there are other corps who I find to have more interesting/visually appealing programs this year, nothing against SCV!

Interesting observation.  I remember the Blue Stars getting hammered for putting a large stage on the field and limiting field coverage in 2011 (reBOURNE).  I do see quite a bit of drill demand scattered through Vanguard, but maybe not as much as BD this year.  Quite the switch over the recent past BD offerings.  I think Crown is the most egregious offender of lackluster visual demand this season.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Crossmen, Troopers,  Blue Knights, Madison, Blue Stars,  have been included as well in TOC shows. Perhaps others as well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1