Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It's so amazing how well they're doing if you look at where they stood just a few years ago.

I think it's their recommitment to being at the Vanguard of the activity. SCV spent a few years before 2017 doing nice, pleasant, but ultimately traditional shows. Some would say even generic shows (Scheherazade 2? really?). But with Ouroboros and now Babylon, SCV is back to creating interesting, challenging, and innovative shows that begets conversation. 

Also, their brass line has improved seemingly out of nowhere. Who would've thought they'd be beating BD in brass this year? No one could have predicted that a couple years ago. 

Edited by just_another_fanatic
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I really don’t care who wins.  I’m just having fun. 

It always amuses me how serious some people get. It's like their existence depends on their corps placing a certain order. :4_joy:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

I think it's their recommitment to being at the Vanguard of the activity. SCV spent a few years before 2017 doing nice, pleasant, but ultimately traditional shows. Some would say even generic shows (Scheherazade 2? really?). But with Ouroboros and not Babylon, SCV is back to being innovative. Also, their brass line has improved seemingly out of nowhere. Who thought they'd be beating BD in brass this year? No one could have predicted that a couple years ago. 

yes, who is the secret horn master making those Shaw arrangements ring?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

I think it's their recommitment to being at the Vanguard of the activity. SCV spent a few years before 2017 doing nice, pleasant, but ultimately traditional shows. Some would say even generic shows (Scheherazade 2? really?). But with Ouroboros and not Babylon, SCV is back to being innovative. Also, their brass line has improved seemingly out of nowhere. Who thought they'd be beating BD in brass this year? No one could have predicted that a couple years ago. 

I like that! I wish more corps (specifically my alma mater) would follow this philosophy.

2 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

I love me some BD but I'd have no problem whatsoever with SCV taking the gold this year.  That is one heck of a show.  

Right there with you. I am as big a BD fan you will find. But if SCV wins, i am cool with it. Just keep the title in Cali. I am more concerned with BD extending their top two finishes for an unprecedented 12th year in a row. Consistency like we have never seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Is the beast ready to come out of hiding

posted from the DrumScorps app

SCV always adds a final touch after San Antonio.. We'll prob see final product just before Allentown

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Right there with you. I am as big a BD fan you will find. But if SCV wins, i am cool with it. Just keep the title in Cali. I am more concerned with BD extending their top two finishes for an unprecedented 12th year in a row. Consistency like we have never seen. 

Bingo.  

1 minute ago, superOOk said:

It always amuses me how serious some people get. It's like their existence depends on their corps placing a certain order. :4_joy:

Why? I mean, after all, this is a competitive activity. No different than when sports fans get serious about their teams; or when those parents of their kids' teams get into brawls (this one may be more extreme, but hopefully you get what I'm saying).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, superOOk said:

#mycorpsplaysradiohead

Mic drop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1