5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Still no scores?

SCV tied bluecoats tonight for highest score. 82.7

https://www.dci.org/scores/final-scores/2018-seattle-summer-music-games

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Thanks 1

Wow, SCV, keep rockin' it. 

• Like 3

SCV looked and sounded so much better than last night.  Guard was on fiire after a weird performance yesterday.   Musically it seemed like the intensity was up another notch.   I just want the rest of that ending.  LOL.  And I still hold my breath during that ballad  I did at weed   I did last night   I did tonight   It just fills me to the soul   I said in June that this was the 2018 gold medal corps   I still stand by that comment   

Academy also brought it tonight despite the glaring Sun just before it set behind the mountains.  So much to love with this show.   Also...Go Euphs!!!!!  And they gave me goosebumps during the closer   Once the first MM stands on the desk with “O captain my captain” I am done    

Only the second show out for OC.  They continue to improve.  Guard is so much stronger than preview just a week ago.  They are really owning their characters.  Great response from the crowd to the ending.   The red streaming flags are a huge impact moment.  Still lots of low hanging points available as the feet get cleaned up in the hornline.  

BK baffles me.  They are loud.  They play well.  Their flags are bright. But I just can’t connect to the show.  And it feels disjointed.   And that big prop thing in the back.   And sometimes they are Egyptian-ish and sometime they are all “hey bro”-ish.   Liked it better tonight than last night. But, ya.....

Troopers.  How do I love thee?!?!    2 Sunburst.  And kickin opener that you can here people connect with as they recognize the music.  The flashes of how the West was won and other bits of musical history that perked up some of those that have been around the activity for awhile.   Love the uniforms and the uniform change.  Even if they look like the ASU marching band uniforms.  

Thanks Seattle for a great show.  And awesome food options.   The sushi on a stick and the PBJ Hot Dog were delish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by PJinPDX
Cant spell. LOL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations ACADEMY on that nice 2.150 jump in score tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorpsRelic said:

Congratulations ACADEMY on that nice 2.150 jump in score tonight.

Made the drive from Portland to Shorecrest in Seattle bright and early this morning to watch them rehearse today.   They had a great, focused, professional, efficient ensemble today and they really held on to what they were focusing on and brought it to the field.   You could tell the difference from last night to tonight on those points.   Love to see them (and all corps) working and fighting for the best performance possible.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PJinPDX said:

SCV looked and sounded so much better than last night.  Guard was on fiire after a weird performance yesterday.   Musically it seemed like the intensity was up another notch.   I just want the rest of that ending.  LOL.  And I still hold my breath during that ballad  I did at weed   I did last night   I did tonight   It just fills me to the soul   I said in June that this was the 2018 good medal corps   I still stand by that comment   

Academy also brought it tonight despite the glaring Sun just before it set behind the mountains.  So much to love with this show.   Also...Go Euphs!!!!!  And they gave me goosebumps during the closer   Once the first MM stands on the desk with “O captain my captain” I am done    

Only the second show out for OC.  They continue to improve.  Guard is so much stronger than preview just a week ago.  They are really owning their characters.  Great response from the crowd to the ending.   The red streaming flags are a huge impact moment.  Still lots of low hanging points available as the feet get cleaned up in the hornline.  

BK baffles me.  They are loud.  They play well.  Their flags are bright. But I just can’t connect to the show.  And it feels disjointed.   And that big prop thing in the back.   And sometimes they are Egyptian-ish and sometime they are all “hey bro”-ish.   Liked it better tonight than last night. But, ya.....

Troopers.  How do I love thee?!?!    2 Sunburst.  And kickin opener that you can here people connect with as they recognize the music.  The flashes of how the West was won and other bits of musical history that perked up some of those that have been around the activity for awhile.   Love the uniforms and the uniform change.  Even if they look like the ASU marching band uniforms.  

Thanks Seattle for a great show.  And awesome food options.   The sushi on a stick and the PBJ Hot Dog were delish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJinPDX. RE: The ACADEMY, what do you mean by "I AM Done"? Once the first MM stands on the desk with O Captain, My Captain.  Glad you liked the show. Thank You.

Columbians got the same score in Seattle as Legends got in Minneapolis, but Battalion jumped them.

10 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

PJinPDX. RE: The ACADEMY, what do you mean by "I AM Done"? Once the first MM stands on the desk with O Captain, My Captain.  Glad you liked the show. Thank You.

I mean the goosebumps start and I am ready to throw babies.  Haha.  It fits so well with the music and the show and the emotions of the movie and is one of my favorite closers over the last 5 years.   I even got goosebumps during the final run at ensemble this afternoon.  LOL    

1 minute ago, PJinPDX said:

I mean the goosebumps start and I am ready to throw babies.  Haha.  It fits so well with the music and the show and the emotions of the movie and is one of my favorite closers over the last 5 years.   I even got goosebumps during the final run at ensemble this afternoon.  LOL    

Agreed! "Keating's Triumph"" from the 1989 Movie "Dead Poet's Society" is simply  an Academically Brilliant closer,  Also, the earlier Mellophone Solo brings on a few tears. So glad The Academy extended it,. It fuels the emotion that connects  with the audience.

• Like 1