Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

How was Shadow? I hadn’t tuned in yet. What part of WI are they from?

posted from the DrumScorps app

Hey! If anyone is heading to the Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from the stadium tonight, show this pic on your phone and show some support for Chops. 

1 hour ago, Fracker said:

Fail

Yeah, for about a half-hour I couldn't get DCP to load.

Test again. And again. And again.

(OK, then. Sorry to waste everyone's time with this.)

Test again pasting from a Word document:

Mitzi M. Brunsdale’s article “J.R.R. Tolkien” in the encyclopedic Fantasy Novelists, edited by Carl Rollyson (Ipswich, MA: Salem Press, 2012: 232–246) is identified as having been updated by David Barratt, apparently from a 1991 version. Despite that, both the text and bibliography, when addressing of The History of Middle-earth, mention nothing past The Lost Road, published in 1987. This otherwise intelligent article, focused on Tolkien’s major fiction, includes a graceful short biography, general comments on Tolkien’s purposes (effectively springing from “On Fairy-stories”), and two pages each discussing three specific works, with Tolkien’s long letter of 1951 to Milton Waldman as armature. Analysis of The Silmarillion deals lightly with the plot in order to focus on themes found to underlie his other works. The Hobbit is treated too much as a prequel to The Lord of the Rings, which is impressively potted in one paragraph. Brunsdale and Barratt find Tolkien’s fiction to be an “affirmation of what is best, most true, and most beautiful in human nature” (237). The handful of factual errors are mainly chronological, as when the dates of Tolkien’s Oxford graduation and the publication of The Lord of the Rings are off by a couple years.

Interesting. That worked. So it's only when copying from Word on my laptop that the problem occurs. I guess I'll just live with that.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Test again.

Working

Will it be daylight for most of the performances?

Just now, PamahoNow said:

Working

Thanks. Well this is weird. I've been taking notes on the shows in Word. When I try to copy something from there to here, it won't let me post. So I guess I just won't do that. But what a bizarre glitch that is.

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thanks. Well this is weird. I've been taking notes on the shows in Word. When I try to copy something from there to here, it won't let me post. So I guess I just won't do that. But what a bizarre glitch that is.

Try moving the notes to Notepad first, then here. Could be a Word formatting thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I've had that problem as well at times.  If you can use a simple text editor it may work better.  I also use a app that takes my "copy" and deletes all formatting and it works more often.

• Thanks 1