Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

14 minutes ago, brassboy said:

And Scouts were 4th!

G. Miller is delusional for putting the Scouts ahead of not only the Colts but also the Crossmen and Blue Stars in MA. I wonder what he notices in their generally lackluster musical package that I don’t?

Also not a fan of the GE1 judge putting Madison a half-point ahead of Colts.

• Like 4

I wouldn’t take this panel as an “a team” ever...maybe 2-3 of these individuals will end up on a finals week world class panel. That being said, this is all gonna change when everyone is together in San Antonio, so I’ll just wait until then to see what’s really gonna happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

A nice 3 point jump from their last show. 

And not to rain on anyone's parade, the BD last show was on the 2nd, and their next one is Saturday.  They have a very good history of gaining points after that much time off to rehearse into the night.  Sure, they're heading up to MN, but they still have full days of practice.  Oh yeah, SCV's been off since the 1st with their next show tomorrow.

Dam, this year can't get any better can it?

Devil Dogs are the Marine Corps.  :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

G. Miller is delusional for putting the Scouts ahead of not only the Colts but also the Crossmen and Blue Stars in MA. I wonder what he notices in their generally lackluster musical package that I don’t?

Also not a fan of the GE1 judge putting Madison a half-point ahead of Colts.

I actually think Madison's musical book is the only solid part of their show this year. Crossmen I find rather flat, and not very exciting. Blue Stars though are amazing, so I'm not quite sure I get why Madison beat them in MA. Madison's drill isn't bad either. I don't quite understand why the Colts are beating them, but I'm not a judge. I absolutely can see why Madison did so well in Music Analysis tonight. I'm not sure that will continue. I hate almost everything about Madison's show, but the music is their strong point, IMO. The drill isn't half bad either, but I like the rest of the top 7 better there.

Edited by queenanne_1536

2 hours ago, MelloNell said:

Does everyone have a couple of fuzzy moments when Flo comes back from commercials?

Yes sometimes field gets all blocky during show and a couple audio glitches here and there better but still unacceptable.

12 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

LETS GO GREEN MACHINE!!! KEEP CLIMBING!

The judging in this show sucked. Especially the percussion judge. Sickening scores

9 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Cavies give us the closest relational view between the east and west corps.

It's not terribly reliable... given the time span...

But assuming that all groups are improving at similar rates, I don't see that anyone has a "lead" for the top spot as has happened in the past.

I would say yes...and the top 6 are tight.  But using your assumptions.

1. SCV/Bloo

2. SCV/Bloo/BD

3. Bloo/BD

4/5. Cavaliers/Crown

6. Boston

7. Cadets. This position seems clearest...but who knows.

8-15???? Looks like BK Mandarins Phantom for 8-10 battle and Crossmen, BS, SOA, Academy for 11-14 battle? Right? It's muddier than that?