Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Let's not leave Cavies out of the equation here. They will surely contribute to spreads in percussion atleast 

Vanguard, Coats, Devils, Crown, Cavies, Boston...

As I said. 6 corps contending.  Bluecoats will likely be 6 or 7 in percussion.  But of the others, some will also have to be 6... or even 7 in other captions.  If Bloo is pulling big numbers somewhere else, then there is a trade off.  But the assumption (without proof yet) is that GE is a fight between 3 groups... maybe 4.  That could all be wrong though, as we will know for sure in less than 10 days.

1 minute ago, Everyfan said:

Let? That is kind of up to the Mandarins.

sorry my DCA side came out there

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Which means its possible for Bloo to win, but the problem is that they are not top in any caption outside of GE. Probably finish about 4th in Brass and Guard and 3rd in visual. I can't see how they place higher than 3rd.

Crown on the other hand has a higher ceiling and so do Cavies for that matter.

This is my assessment as well. Crown was an absolute powerhouse of a corps outside of percussion. This year's Bluecoats is strong, but not as strong across the board as that Crown corps was 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That guard score is a bit of a head scratcher but Cavies have had some strong guards the past couple of years, congrats to them!

I'm scratching my head too since I thought Cavies guard had an off night. I mean the show started when a rifle tossed 1 count early

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Put them back to back and we have a different story. 

I disagree. I too thought it was a fluke that night. Being there myself, I can easily say PR had a pretty bad run. I personally think crossmen and bluestars should switch places

11 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Has any corps ever won with a performance ordinal lower than 5th?

Have 6 corps ever traded captions in contention for the top spot?

It's unusually competitive right now (or so it seems).  The scores are tight even though the placements seem distant.

The Cavaliers are still scoring < 8.00 in several key categories.  That’s not good.

29 minutes ago, Lance said:

can't wait to see this thread when scores are announced

my big focus will be on aggressive vs. passive-aggressive comments

don't disappoint me (you never do)

OK, what is happening? The last two nights Crossmen are playing well with about six judges, and one or two decide that they don't like aussies for some reason??

Tonight it was GE1 and Music Analysis (MA was the second night in a row.) Anyone who isn't biased wanna tell me what's up?

(You're welcome.) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is my assessment as well. Crown was an absolute powerhouse of a corps outside of percussion. This year's Bluecoats is strong, but not as strong across the board as that Crown corps was 

I agree 100%. I don't think they will take GE at finals either. Most likely going to be SCV or BD.

• Confused 1