Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

16 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Too lazy to look up but I wonder when the last time Cavies were only 1.6 behind BD?

My guess would be 2011 because that's the last time they beat BD during the season. I think they won one of the big regionals that year.

14 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

The field practically swallows the guard ...unfortunate use of color.

i said the same thing at their first prtformance and was scolded.  they disappear

14 hours ago, kdaddy said:

bringjameythompsonback.gofundme.com

it is looking high schoolish, as are so many of the shows.  IMHO this WGI theatrical approach is destroying drum corps.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

My guess would be 2011 because that's the last time they beat BD during the season. I think they won one of the big regionals that year.

It was. Funny dci just released a recap video of last night and makes it a point of them being the closest since 2011.

14 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I would LOVE to be saying that about the 2018 edition.

Where did I put JD Shaw's phone number...

AMEN

1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

I'm going to rant for a minute ... I love the Minneapolis show.  Its a great venue and the weather is nice.  But the crowd (at least around me in the club seats) was the worst behaved crowd I have encountered in a long time.  People came in and out during the shows, a lady behind me answered her cell phone and carried on a conversation, and I now know (a) the best Italian restaurants in Minneapolis, (b) that its not a corps unless they use G bugles and (c) cool people call them "Concord" instead of the Blue Devils thanks to the ongoing LOUD conversation behind me.  There were several Madison alum around me and I thought they were going to take matters into their own hands (they were as irritated as me).  Rant done.  Loved seeing the Blue Devils for the first time ... they blew me away.

I feel for you. I’ve tired of this stuff so much - especially the moving around during performances - that I sprang for Friends tickets at finals. The ushers in those sections appeared to be much more mindful of stopping people from leaking into seats after the salute.

Friends of DCI will all be courteous, well-behaved, and followers of drum corps etiquette, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I can definitely see Cavies as a possibility for top 3. With BD, they have proved what a fool I am too many times when I thought they were going to finish outside of the top 2. Someday that will happen, but I don't see it happening this year.

More often than not, people who predict BD finishing outside of the top 2 are just exhibiting very wishful thinking rather than giving an actual objective assessment on BD's show. 

25 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I feel for you. I’ve tired of this stuff so much - especially the moving around during performances - that I sprang for Friends tickets at finals. The ushers in those sections appeared to be much more mindful of stopping people from leaking into seats after the salute.

Friends of DCI will all be courteous, well-behaved, and followers of drum corps etiquette, right?

I don’t know.  I had a baby poop his diaper twice behind me at prelims last year. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know.  I had a baby poop his diaper twice behind me at prelims last year. 

Is that even sensible bringing a baby to a drum corps show? Big hassle for mom and/or dad. Plus neighboring fans. And the baby must get stimulated like heck.

• Thanks 2