Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

10 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

is Flo sound cutting our periodically for anyone else? we are hard-wired and picture is great (unless they come back from an advertisement), but the sound blips every once in awhile.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I've had a couple of "Please Wait" thingeys, but after I paused the feed for a few seconds (to let some data buffer), it has been fine.

Think of it as the opposite of that old I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel are working at the candy factory. The candy is being produced, and Lucy and Ethel are the consumers -- as it turns out, in more ways than one.  Things start out slow -- they wait for each item to appear on the conveyor and they select it for processing.  This is when you get the "Please Wait" delays. But then the conveyor speeds up.  When there's more candy (data) than can be processed (displayed), the extra will get stored in a buffer until it's needed (or, disappears off the end of the conveyor). In poor Lucy's case, this is what we want -- more data than can be displayed at a particular instant. 

Now -- where's that Snickers?

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Just now, pbeau said:

I recall a bunch of weather delays during the 90's finals run at the Citris Bowl. Rain and HOT!!

Didn't 2005 DCI finals have a weather delay when one of the Blue corps were on the field?

Blue Knights were on the field.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Great conversation with Boston design team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

According to AccuWeather, there's supposed to be a storm hitting central Orlando at around 8:30.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/minute-weather-forecast/328169

As of about 10 minutes ago...

ws44uxp5traebyd6g.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1