Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

When did Tom Hanks start announcing drum corps shows? 

4 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

that 2011 tornado was in the county, Bridgeton to be exact. St Louis city is independent of the county, have been since 1876. have we had some long ago, yes... but that was well before the modern downtown structure. some say the heat of the buildings downtown stir tornadoes away. I've lived here nearly 30 years off and on and we haven't had a confirmed tornado in that time... in the city limits

posted from the DrumScorps app

Downtown Tuscaloosa had never had a tornado, either. Until they had one. Downtown Salt Lake City had never had a tornado. Until they had one. Downtown Fort Worth had never had a tornado. Until they had one.

Look -- I'm not saying that the city of St. Louis is going to have a tornado soon, or even within our lifetimes. But I can't say that it definitely won't. The lack of tornado there is due to "luck," rather than some mystical force that knows where the city boundaries are. And my point is that, if a tornado warning is issued for downtown St. Louis sometime in the future, I would hope that everyone there would take appropriate cover, rather than blow it off because "we don't get tornadoes here, because..."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCDCGuardMom said:

Just got a call, apparently what we didn't see on flo was my daughter almost getting knocked out in the second movement and then running off the field... she's OK.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Glad she is okay! Hey mom, did you see the link I posted earlier to a bunch of pics I shot of Music City last night?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I forgot to get Claire her cake... dang it!

a zebra cake or a raspberry swirl cheese cake with oreo crumb pie crust?

She already got her present according to her when she was allowed to wear the maroon, gold and cream for the Allentown show and parades.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thus far the tuba section is carrying Cadets....uniforms are awesome! 

Ooooohhhh nooooooooo!!!!!!!! 

Well, it was great until the vocal ensemble kicked in. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I'm sure this was discussed in the Cadets thread (which is quite lengthy). Maybe a synopsis on what has changed about this show since Hopkins's departure? Was Holsinger originally planned?

There was talk from GH about doing Leonard B.