Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

Rest of the show is fantastic, but right now I'm not feeling Crown's closer. Having another drum break between the shout section and the closing section just sounds very disconnected to me.

I still don’t get the teeter totter thingie 

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Not liking something and not getting something are two different animals. I don’t like Cavaliers but I get what they are doing. 

okay, revised wording. I don't like it, and I dont get WHY people like it so much. I understand what they're doing

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

Rest of the show is fantastic, but right now I'm not feeling Crown's closer. Having another drum break between the shout section and the closing section just sounds very disconnected to me.

Don’t get used to the closer, it’s going to change. 

• Like 6

Bluecoats:   Wow!   Sleek and smooth. Classy, tasty jazz.  Bird and Bela in B Flat ... awesome!  Loved it when BD did it in 1991 (and the snippets in 2012) ... and love it now!  Great, classy. smooth and sophisticated show.  I can't wait until BD and SCV go up against them.  Particularly SCV, who has a wonderful concept, huge energy and is performing the snot out of their show.  Can never count BD out due to talent and pure execution down the stretch (think 2015...) but right now feels like SCV vs Bloo for the title with BD in a firm third.  I missed Boston on the broadcast, but sounds like they are lighting it up!  4th?

Crown:  Ugh ... start with the good .. no one plays big major chords like em.  Beautiful!   BUT ... visually, a mess, starting with their uniforms and colors (no contrast between horns, guards, silks, etc.) .  I thought Madison had the worst unis last year that I've ever seen in DCI.   Crown exceeded them.  Musically, I like them, but several flat zones in the show.  That rocking beast thing?  Pure cheese.  Worse yet?  The snarling and gnashing of teeth between sets by the members.  Just doesn't work.  And that ending with the horribly overacted/done snarly thing?  ugh!  The design just isn't there.  Overdone and cheesy.  Not how I think of Crown over the past few years (well ... up until end of opener (Giannni piece) last year)

Edited by bgg80
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1