Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

47 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So what should Crown do, if they wish to remain competitive for the rest of the season?

Go back to the old formula like prior to 2017. I loved those shows. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Spirit seemed to have a modern version of the jazz sass they used to have in the 80's, and it was a treat to see. Another well-detailed show. Doors seemed to create a lot of clutter, but I had rather a low vantage point. 

Great report!

From the high camera view, Spirit used the doors well, I thought.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

As of about 10 minutes ago...

ws44uxp5traebyd6g.jpg

Love the fact that you used a VFR Sectional to illustrate the weather. I smell a fellow aviation geek.

• Like 1

The Spirit costume was fodder for a lot of joking but their show was really good. It does look like a 70's pimp who had to teach aerobics to make ends meet. lol

1 minute ago, blakman7 said:

Love the fact that you used a VFR Sectional to illustrate the weather. I smell a fellow aviation geek.

yeah..I'm a pilot...haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Go back to the old formula like prior to 2017. I loved those shows. 

IMHO I don’t think they can. Keith Potter who I feel was the top main driving force behind show theme, story boarding etc. decisions prior to 2017 is no longer there. He’s at Boston now of course  and I think it’s quite obvious that the high energy, fan friendly type of show Crown was known for, Boston is doing now. And quite well I might add. IMHO

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Hasn't Crown been kicking Bloo's butt in percussion all season? And now all of a sudden they beat them? Who was the percussion judge? This doesn't make sense. I'm not a homer of any of these corps but it still makes me wonder about some things when we get scores that don't make sense.

Way to go, BAC!

Looks like Eddie Argenziano was the percussion judge, according to the recap. He has been a DCI percussion judge for decades. I did not know he is still judging. He did GE 2 the other night in South Carolina too. 

• Like 1

I’ve been lucky enough to spend multiple days at BAC rehearsals over the last month. The work ethic of this corps is incredible. They don’t waste time and they are on a mission. The results were evident on the field at Orlando last night.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1