Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

14 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

3 props with the 3 primary colors symbolizing the 3 different sections of the corps

Jersey Surf ... one last try .

I'm sorry I cannot copy it to here, but if you look at your first post in the Jersey Surf topic, you will see an excellent depiction of what would think they should display on their props.  This one could have fooled me (if it didn't have the writing on it).  Sorry to beat this, but I honestly something like what is there would help communicate their Title if not their theme as well.

3 hours ago, NakedEye said:

The general rule: simpler is always better.

Can we remind uniform designers of this in the future? I'm not really a fan of any of these modern designs at all. A lot of it looks like some reject fashion designer junk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, quijeros said:

Can we remind uniform designers of this in the future? I'm not really a fan of any of these modern designs at all. A lot of it looks like some reject fashion designer junk.

8 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I am a fan of the options BUT you are right some designers think they are the next Project runway winners BUT we will always have the hits and misses We had some real eyesores back in the day also. People still wore their fabric with honor...lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

I am a fan of the options BUT you are right some designers think they are the next Project runway winners BUT we will always have the hits and misses We had some real eyesores back in the day also. People still wore their fabric with honor...lol

LMAO

13 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

These are pretty tight margins though.  I think this why the assertions over placement holding down or propping up any particular groups don't really work out in the final score.  I think Boston had a lead among the 3 at a point prior to a few days ago as well.  They are competitive... and Bluecoats apparently improved some things that they had control over.

There's at least 3 other groups to fit in there too (maybe more).

I'm more impressed with the guard win there for Boston.

These guys and gals are bringing it... somethin' fierce.  To pull 2 caption wins now against those two corps is very serious contending.

I REALLY hope that the regional panels don't start arbitrarily spreading out the scores in the slotting like they tend to do.

Now that is the straight dope! 2 guard caption wins against that level of talent...that equals the 'real deal' kids. Congrats Boston!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is he going bowling? 

Bless their designing hearts....Oh My

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is he going bowling? 

Could be the gift bag handed out before this event or he's giving a plug to the company who gave it to him.  Like skiers always showing the name of the brand of skis.

• Like 1