Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Today's the anniversary of Jim Ott's death.

Spirit of Atlanta are to wear black arm bands in commemoration of the man and his legacy. May it inspire all the hornlines tonite.

I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating. I greatly admire Spirit of Atlanta’s 1980 corps and it’s perseverance, but I also have great admiration for the adults involved with the corps who must have had to put their own grief aside to support the marching members. I’m sure there were many unsung heroes that year.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating. I greatly admire Spirit of Atlanta’s 1980 corps and it’s perseverance, but I also have great admiration for the adults involved with the corps who must have had to put their own grief aside to support the marching members. I’m sure there were many unsung heroes that year.

the story of Spirit's reaction and what they did on the field once they learned the news is the mettle of which drum corps history is made.

I think this is where we cue the music, both Spirit playing Georgia and Jim's sister Bonnie so beautifully playing her mellophone out West.

• Like 3

Hey...both Cadets and Boston will be in Daytona beach on Monday...that's cool...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Hey...both Cadets and Boston will be in Daytona beach on Monday...that's cool...

Splashfest or swimming lessons for the Boston Cru to get off the island?

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 2

Edit: I'll defer to @oldsoprano's tribute thread to Jim Ott. Has the same video I posted here  

Edited by CrownBariDad

1 hour ago, pbeau said:

Spent some hot sticky nights down there in the 90’s.

That's where our first game is this season against Louisville. Definitely not looking forward go that heat :dozingoff:

Edited by kinetic inferno11