Overly Proud Dad Alert!

You should be very proud! I get some flak for being an overly proud dad (not on DCP, though, which is nice). Good luck to him for the rest of the tour.

Hoping when the season is over my son will allow me to share a pic of him. We'll see.

• Like 6

Oh how I miss those overly proud dad/mom days....  Just enjoy this time in your son's life!

• Like 3

Be a proud Dad, you should be!

Personally, I love it when parents and grandparents sit near me at shows. You’re bound to hear at least one good tour story. For me, proud parents remind me that we are skiing kids perform, which give everything a different perspective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

My kiddo is in Open Class, but I'm no less proud - enjoy the season!

Mike

I think I enjoyed my son’s years in Division II far more than when he moved on to open class (world class now). 

• Like 1

Be proud dad! My almost 9 year old daughter started competitive Winter guard after I took her to her first live drum corps show a few years ago. She has her first fall guard practice of the season tonight where they perform at half time for the peewee football games and march in local parades. After that she'll be starting her 3rd year of winter guard at only 9 years old and she loves it. I couldn't be prouder of the hard work she and all of the other kids put into it at such a young age! She says she wants to march with Crown or Boston when she gets older.

Keep being a proud dad! Keep supporting your son! It's the greatest gift to watch your kids having fun and living their dreams!

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 5

You and any other parent of a member who are participating in this incredible activity have all the reason in the world to be proud.   If there is one thing this summer has made me appreciate even more is how incredible of a person it takes to sacrifice so much and work so hard for three months of their lives.  I knew that already, but being around that all summer has only capitalized that.  

Brag away!  And see you in Texas?  ;)

• Like 4