Pre-recorded brass?

My issues with anything pre-recorded are:

1. How do we know that the actual performer is the same as the one who was recorded? They could've recorded a professional voice actor or musician. Aside from the issue that the person recorded is probably not under 21, it's a huge disservice to the actual kids marching, that they aren't good enough, we need to replace them with a pro recording.

2. When something is pre-recorded, they have many takes until they get it perfect. The clip can be chosen from the absolute best tone, quality, accuracy, everything that is judged on the field. There is no issue with fatigue, heat, or any random thing that may pop up during an actual show. So it will always be perfect.

I brought this up in another topic yesterday, but got labeled a purist and it seemed like most people disagreed with me. They even started with the whole "the MMs should whittle their own instruments in the spring, lul!" Is it so bad to think that anything performed on the field should be live and by a member of the corps? If it's ok to have a 40 year old professional sound engineer creating clips that a MM then just has to time right during the show, that to me doesn't highlight the members' talents, but the staff's. I get that other corps in the past have tried to go the "purist" route in a field of others using recorded stuff, and it cost them, but that's why I think the rules need to be straightforward about it. If you're going to say that a corps can only have 150 members on the field, and all members must be under a certain age, then why not go further and say that a penalty will be assessed for any part of the performance where the performer cannot be verified as being one of the 150 members and under that age?

• Thanks 4