Weapon Imagery in Drum Corps

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

Or it's possible this person really was taken by surprise. I respect their initial reaction, even as I disagree with their assessment.

Maybe, but this is coming from the individual that said said person had a major problem with the issue. Context is obviously everything, but I was just commenting on the information given to me is all :-) 

18 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Just hit me.....no commentary on Troopers' use of epees -- actual fencing weapons -- on the field a coupe of years ago?

I wish they'd come to me for that purchase...I would've recommended stage sabres....more appropriate for how they used them.

Heck -- even a fencing sabre would have looked better. 

Ah, the "so called do gooders" won't be happy till there is nothing to do but stand in line for food.......#walk away

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder which is more dangerous...imitation make believe rifles, or self righteous indignation toward other people's fun use of harmless things.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 8:49 PM, GUARDLING said:

hmmm with all due respect and for the record I do agree with you BUT does this adult agendas thing include things like show music, costuming, designs that kids today seem to love to do. Just askin:smile:

I was avoiding this thread, because I wasn't interested in overreaction to this non-issue by the older crowd. But luckily I popped in to see the post of the century - THANKS! 

"Adult agendas are good (when I agree with them and seek to enforce them)."

• Thanks 1

I think your friend should put a sock in it. This is the kind of effete, quailing, hand-wringing nonsense that gives real concern about the availability of guns a bad name. 

11 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

I think your friend should put a sock in it. This is the kind of effete, quailing, hand-wringing nonsense that gives real concern about the availability of guns a bad name. 

Ah, no, I don't think my friend should put a sock in it.  It was a curious musing, by someone from outside the activity.  Nothing more.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here’s how you answer someone who questions rifles, swords, spears, etc.

Art imitates life.

They’re not real.

They’re meant to be a visual representation of the theme the designers are trying to convey.

You need to lighten up and have a Zebra Cake.

3 minutes ago, wallace said:

Art imitates life.

They’re not real.

They’re meant to be a visual representation of the theme the designers are trying to convey.

Wasn't looking for advice, but totally game for cake.  

10 minutes ago, wallace said:

Art imitates life.

They’re not real.

Considering the number of lives lost or otherwise impacted by eating too much sugar, perhaps we should be disturbed by the zebra cake imagery in DCI.