Weapon Imagery in Drum Corps

How about petard imagery for these costume 'designers' Circa MDCCLXXXIX?

I joke but haven't we had beheading and lance-wound imagery already?

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Haha 1

I remember watching the Three Stooges then running around poking my friends in the eyes. 

Oh wait, I didn't do that. I knew the difference between make-believe and reality. And I'm guessing young people today do too. I hope people don't hurt themselves straining to turn this into an issue. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Or 1812.

You know what....I was actually thinking 1812 and said William Tell...haha

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well you posted William Tell and I thought and started humming 1812 :whistle:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Liahona said:

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well you posted William Tell and I thought and started humming 1812 :whistle:

I'll have some of what you guys are drinking.

• Haha 3

Preaching to the choir here because we know our wonderful performers start at an early age honing their skills so let them know your decisions so they can learn tossing teddy bears and not waste their time on weapons. In all seriousness I think it's the kids that should decide that. They live in different times with lot more concerns than us middle age and old timers did. I would follow their lead will still love Drum Corps not madder what is being tossed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Preaching to the choir here because we know our wonderful performers start at an early age honing their skills so let them know your decisions so they can learn tossing teddy bears and not waste their time on weapons. In all seriousness I think it's the kids that should decide that. They live in different times with lot more concerns than us middle age and old timers did. I would follow their lead will still love Drum Corps not madder what is being tossed.

The kids are fine. It's the adults projecting their foibles and agendas onto them that bother me. 

• Like 1

Whoever this person was obviously doesn't realize how wars are fought and how drum corps has a military origin.  Though I am compassionate when it comes to general issues that offend mass groups of people, I have to agree with the folks who say that rifles and sabers in drum corps are a non-issue. 

They are decorations.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The kids are fine. It's the adults projecting their foibles and agendas onto them that bother me. 

hmmm with all due respect and for the record I do agree with you BUT does this adult agendas thing include things like show music, costuming, designs that kids today seem to love to do. Just askin:smile: