Drum corps dreams

5 hours ago, luv4corps said:

I am jealous of everyone who marched and can still HAVE a drum corps dream.  

But I DO still have music performance dreams.  Usually they're along the lines of I have a gig and can't get there.

Ditto on not marching.  My performance dreams tend to run to (1) Theater: in a play, big part, but can't remember my lines (or just got the part) and wondering how I can hide the script onstage and, (2) Musician: either running late or someone keeps messing with my setup (guitars, synths, amps, etc.).

And let's not bring up college nightmares. :-)

As long as we don't have any psychoanalyst lurkers here on DCP, I think we're good. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Ditto on not marching.  My performance dreams tend to run to (1) Theater: in a play, big part, but can't remember my lines (or just got the part) and wondering how I can hide the script onstage and, (2) Musician: either running late or someone keeps messing with my setup (guitars, synths, amps, etc.).

As long as we don't have any psychoanalyst lurkers here on DCP, I think we're good. 

Yeah equipment/wardrobe problem dreams... that's another commonly recurring gig dream I have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

That’s why I’m not mentioning my non-drum corps dreams.  :peek:

• Haha 2

Hasn't happened in a while, but I had a couple of recurring stress dreams about my role as a show announcer.

1) I'm announcing DCA finals... I get to the show, and there at least three or four corps in finals I have never heard of... and there is no information anywhere about them. Not in the program book, not anywhere. And no one can provide any help for me.   

2) I'm sitting in the stands, minutes before a show is to begin... and someone near me says, "Hey... aren't you supposed to be announcing???"  I'm like, "Holy mackerel... you're right!!!" So, I try to get down to the announcer's table... but of course, I can't make any progress.  People in in my way,  etc... as the show starts with another announcer. 

Crazy stuff.  LOL

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s why I’m not mentioning my non-drum corps dreams.  :peek:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

By far the strangest non- drum corps dream I've ever had involved me and my wife Barbara, back some year in the 2000s,  attending a "concert and cooking demonstration" by a grossly overweight Mandy Patinkin. Who also was completely naked.

Long story short... the situation went rapidly downhill from there. :tongue:

• Haha 1

I aged out 18 years ago but still have a recurring dream of missing the bus after the show and having to ride to the next show site with a competitor. This luckily never happened to me but it definitely did to others and I couldn't imagine the fall out from something like that.

45 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

By far the strangest non- drum corps dream I've ever had involved me and my wife Barbara, back some year in the 2000s,  attending a "concert and cooking demonstration" by a grossly overweight Mandy Patinkin. Who also was completely naked.

Long story short... the situation went rapidly downhill from there. :tongue:

Thank you so much for that image.

• Haha 1

I occasionally have a dream where I am filling a late season hole on baritone or euph and my only job is to march the drill, which I completely blank and bounce around like a pinball and eventually get ran over, afterwards getting screamed at by the visual caption head from the box.