What additions/changes would you suggest?

Boston:  Sharks with laser beams on their heads circle the island.

Blue Stars: “Bob the Builder” theme echoed somewhere. Female CG member dressed as Wendy. 

SCV: The big chord progression I hope they haven’t forgotten about in the finale of 1927. 

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

The Crusader's could create the illusion that they were rescued by not showing up for the Finals. 

Edited by Bsader
Deleting quote

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

After reading that Boston asked the male mm to grow beards if they're able too, I got to thinking.  (Scary thought right there.) With most corps getting comfortable with what they have been taught so far, what would you like to see any corps do to their show?  Make suggestions for any number of corps and as often as you want since someone's idea might give you another one.  Maybe some of the ideas presented are being considered, but most of us don't know that yet.

Boston

Corps have 11 minutes or so to tell a story.  I think it would be interesting for Boston to add to their story at each regional with some sort of result at finals.  They're on an island, so over time there should be changes to the island and their living conditions and maybe efforts to be saved.  The following ideas can be done.

-Use some of the trees to build lean too type shelters, so over time, the tree props are being used up.  A small fire should be burning throughout the show in the sleeping area.

-Without standard bathroom facilities, create an area marked as a latrine.  Maybe someone dies so have a burial scene.

-The mm should start looking over time dirty with wear and tear on their costumes.  Only dark colored makeup to look like dirt.  Maybe someone finishes a show on forest made crutches or a gurney and carried off the field.  A mm or two can be carried to the shelter areas because of an injury during a show.

-Over the course of a couple of weeks leading up to finals, start showing trees being dragged to the beach area and start building rafts.  Depending how the design staff wants the ending of finals to be, have at least two rafts built.  Make sure they have wheels hidden underneath so some mm can paddle off the field and into the exit tunnels.  Maybe they create a sail from forest/jungle type materials.

-Don't know what the DCI rules are on the following idea or if the stadium would allow it but I cant shake the thought how cool it would be.  On Saturday night finals (sorry doubters, they will make finals) near the end of the show, have a recording of a prop plane flying overhead from left to right.  The mm look upward, follow the plane, and three small parachutes are dropped (2/3 seconds apart) from the cat walk.  Those chutes that athletes use to train with might work great with a box attached to each one.  Just big enough to drop and drop slowly.  Two land on the field and one near the DM stand.  The DM opens the box and faces the crowd holding a Wilson volleyball with a bloody hand smeared on it.   Yeah, I know, this would never be allowed/done, but the visuals and crowd response would be "priceless"!

Have fun if you participate.

and then knock out a tooth with an ice skate.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For Crown, adding brass content to the transition between Blow It Up, Start Again and the Epiphanies closer would help a lot.

Also, cutting off the things that hang from the sleeves of the corps uniforms.

Hmmm....you want them to cut off their ARMS?????   :omg:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For Crown, adding brass content to the transition between Blow It Up, Start Again and the Epiphanies closer would help a lot.

Yes.

I haven't seen many shows enough times or live to offer much, and I don't pretend to know how to design a show to maximize scores, but here goes:

SCV: Reworked ending. That's pretty much it. 

Crown: More Bruckner. less resolving into major chords. This show screams dark and scary. Go with it. 

BK: Some sort of logical transition between the opener/ballad/closer that conveys the show's nebulous theme

Columbians: More ensemble brass. They sound nice. Less sampling. Way less sampling. 

Cavaliers: Reworked ending. That's pretty much it. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Ghost said:

You're correct, but with all the changes being done to help sell the theme, like costume's, why can't the theme of a show be dragged out over the course of the season?  I feel Boston has a theme this year that could add excitement and anticipation with easily added changes whether by the mm or props.

Given the complexity of shows today and the amount of time it takes to properly design, integrate & coordinate all elements, there is not enough time in the world to do what you are suggesting and make it clean.  With the addition of all the props suggested you get:  A logistical nightmare.  innumerable variables for potential disasters and a prop staff larger than the MM's themselves not to mention the overall cost to execute the entire potential; mess. 

21 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

And the tails?

The tails aren't as bad as the random pieces of fabric hanging off the uniform. 

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Given the complexity of shows today and the amount of time it takes to properly design, integrate & coordinate all elements, there is not enough time in the world to do what you are suggesting and make it clean.  With the addition of all the props suggested you get:  A logistical nightmare.  innumerable variables for potential disasters and a prop staff larger than the MM's themselves not to mention the overall cost to execute the entire potential; mess. 

Previous wind mills and the trees this year are big.  If it's too late to use mm from a section or two to build a raft over three regionals/finals, then maybe it was thought of during the designing of the show, and they didn't see any visual value.  I'll leave it at that.  Having the mm show wear and tear from regional to regional shouldn't be too hard to incorporate.

• Like 1