A sample work project - did anything significant occur in the non-recap year.

Used Six Sigma to analize scores to see if any red flags surfaced for the non-recap year. Six Sigma is a fancy spread sheet large corporations use to eliminate critical thinking, put data in the right place on the correct chart and wella an answer pops up to fix your problem. 

Needed to get to a Green Belt status and have an example project completed or my head would role. Found a way to cheat through an 100 question test but folks around me knew I wasn't that bright so only gave myself an 82 enough to pass and not get additional work.

A sample work project - did anything significant occur in the non-recap year. So the non-recap year was the focal point but test only had 8 columns to crunch from. Pasted the scores from each year in all the columns. Don't remember what years and am retired with no access.

Results was no red flags on the upwards trends, but Madison was red flagged to have the biggest slide of all nine years in the non-recap year. From beating Blue Knights early and sliding off the chart to 13th.

Was that the biggest slide in dci history and did it have anything to do with the judges not comparing notes. If so we may need to sequester the judges all season so we still get the recaps (pun).

Sorry if this was already discovered and discussed in the past (retired & bored) It's too #### hot to work in my oversized garden.
  • Like 4

I once used six sigma to calculate the rising popularity of waffles on DCP. Data was inconclusive. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

once used six sigma to calculate the rising popularity of waffles on DCP. Data was inconclusive. 

Thought it would be capable of analyzing waffles, anything work related came back as processes we already tried in the past that didn't work. I sat on corpsreps now DCX for hours pasting in scores while listening to drum crops just to fattened up the sample (more credit) a good day working from home.

yes, something significant happened. the relationship between people in the know and fans was never better as stuff leaked out all the time, no matter what DCI did to keep it hidden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Six Sigma

I almost stopped right there. But stayed intrigued. Pretty interesting idea. Really. Good for you. Plus, I liked that you were smart enough not to take a 98 on the test.

• Haha 1

This site must have analyzed Madison's slide back then don't need to hash over that. I think I remember Bluecoats beating BD in Allentown early 90s maybe but pushed down to 4th or 5 in finals, same would happen to 27th. But Madison was a big slide.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes, something significant happened. the relationship between people in the know and fans was never better as stuff leaked out all the time, no matter what DCI did to keep it hidden

And it spawned my favorite meme.  qo7nmp.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I almost stopped right there. But stayed intrigued. Pretty interesting idea. Really. Good for you. Plus, I liked that you were smart enough not to take a 98 on the test.

Thanks sample was graded on how much data was crunched and I though if anything drum corps is full of data.

55 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

lol....it did more than leak...some saw before the scores were even announced:innocent:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks sample was graded on how much data was crunched and I though if anything drum corps is full of data.

Well if you didn’t get everything then you need more training cla$$e$ lol

Edited by JimF-LowBari