No but I am going to semifinals! I can't wait. I got all of finals week approved for PTO again. Unless we take a family trip I will probably be in Massillon too. I have a 2 year old and getting an overnight babysitter is tough...so just semifinals. No multiple days in Indy for me.

It's too early to tell but I think there will be a lot more movement between semifinals and finals than most years. Tight group at the top and at the bottom half of finals.

Should be exciting to see who makes the cut for finals too!

43 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

Anyone on here attending finals this season? I'm taking a road trip from CT with some friends, gonna be there a couple days prior.

Hi fellow Nutmegger.  East Shoreline here. I get in on Weds.

• Like 1

Wednesday through Saturday - prelims, semis and Finals. 1st row 50 yard line - same seats as usual. 

• Like 4

I get in on Wednesday too. My first stop after checking into the hotel has been the Indiana State Fair, and will likely be the case this year. I usually arrive mid afternoon though my flight is arriving earlier this year. Usually I stay outside of the city and if I don’t drive (which I have done), I rent a car,  but I’m staying downtown this year (hotel costs more but it’s less expensive overall, no rent a car fees or parking fees), so might hit  Shapiro’s before the fair. 

29 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

When/where is the Indiana State Fair? May be a good place to go during our 2 days of downtime

The fair goes from August 3-19, located at 1202 East 13th St. I can’t  give directions because I used a GPS, but I used to stay at a hotel at Southport Crossing and it was about a 20-30 minute ride, depending on the timing of lights when you get off the highway. I see you’re driving from Connecticut (I live outside of Boston), so if you’re looking for comparisons, if you’ve ever been to fairs in Massachusetts, combine the Big E in Springfield and the Topsfield Fair, add some interesting deep fried foods, a replica of an old fashioned drug store, and you’ve got the Indiana State Fair. Closer to the start date you can download an app which helps you plan the visit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

I get in on Wednesday too. My first stop after checking into the hotel has been the Indiana State Fair, and will likely be the case this year. I usually arrive mid afternoon though my flight is arriving earlier this year. Usually I stay outside of the city and if I don’t drive (which I have done), I rent a car,  but I’m staying downtown this year (hotel costs more but it’s less expensive overall, no rent a car fees or parking fees), so might hit  Shapiro’s before the fair. 

I have to get to Shapiro’s this time but dinner Wednesday is here:  http://www.eaglerestaurant.com/