1 hour ago, BDCorno said:

Omni

My #1 choice!

• Like 1

All this hotel talk...

I ran into the issue where I'm under 21. I had to find a hotel that books to 18 y/o's, then within my budget (<$400). Took me a couple hours of searching, but I found a beautiful Red Roof Inn about a 20 minute drive from LOS, $320 for 4 nights. :16_relieved: Sadly no breakfast though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Sure, you can find great deals if you want to drive. I won't need a rental car, won't have to drive anywhere, can go back to the hotel in five minutes and take a nap during prelims if I want, don't have to pay parking, etc.. Certainly a convenience factor there. I can pretty well predict that the bed at the Omni will be juuuuust a bit more comfortable than the ones at the Super 8. I've stayed at a couple. I'll be having a few adult beverages during the week too...nice to have to only make it to and from the elevator lol. 

Some of those hotels are fairly close to the Oil Can.  Using a taxi/uber is much better than a rental and you don't have to worry about parking.  For some, a car split 3/4 four ways is doable.  I traveled cross country and back over a three week period in May, majority were one night stays, and never had a bad mattress.  Competition sure helps consumers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hampton inn downtown $150 a night through DCI.  And we get Hilton honors points.  I’m on a mission from God with those Hilton honors this year, 

I live for Hilton and Delta points.  But I'm staying at the Embassy ... its more expensive but I'll make it up in free drinks :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

I live for Hilton and Delta points.  But I'm staying at the Embassy ... its more expensive but I'll make it up in free drinks :)

I’m gonna have to find a watering hole near the Hampton. 

34 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

But I'm staying at the Embassy ... its more expensive but I'll make it up in free drinks :)

Don't forget to tip the staff person who helps you find your room.

• Haha 1

My annual costs to Finals are low. Megabus from Chicago to Indy $1. Attend Finals $139. After show, Megabus from Indy to Chicago $1.

For DCI fans flying into Indianapolis, there is frequent city bus service from the airport to downtown. Board the #8 Washington Street Indygo bus just outside from the car rental counters. $1.75 one way trip. If you do not have exact change, feed 2 ones into the entry box. No change is given.

You can also buy a $4.00 day pass aboard the bus. A day pass is good until midnight on day of purchase.

There is frequent Indygo service between downtown and the Indiana State Fair. Take the #39 bus from the downtown Transit Center to the fair.

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m gonna have to find a watering hole near the Hampton. 

At the Hampton you are not far from O'Reilly's (or O'Riley's? I'm too lazy to look it up). Had dinner and drinks after a Pacer's game last winter. And I believe we hung out there until a post-midnight hour. Unusual for downtown Indy (and also for me, since bedtime keeps creeping forward each year).

• Thanks 1