Knoxville, TN - July 12, 2018

29 minutes ago, DCIDevon said:

This is the first city I've lived in since Boston where I don't have to drive hours to get to a show. Super excited to see some of the front-runners this year. My only gripe is that is truly doesn't get dark here until almost 9 and its going to be hotter than hades

Yes Tennessee is very similar to Hades lol

posted from the DrumScorps app

9 minutes ago, MCDCGuardMom said:

Yes Tennessee is very similar to Hades lol

This year seems to be hotter than most.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Given the unusual spelling of the last name, I wonder if the Alex Douglass mentioned in the article is related to Cadets' mellophonist Matt Douglass?

Claire Albrecht, Cadets' DM also has Music City roots.

For years the Cadets competed down the road from Knoxville at the Sevierville contest with its bust of Dolly Madison out front and the mountain in the middle of the field. Great Cadets fans every year there in East Tennessee. Go Cadets.

You mean Dolly Parton? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Onward and upward, BAC!

••|•|••• ♥ Ro-ah ~

• Like 5

My first live viewing as well...actually my first viewing AT ALL. As in all years I avoid viewing online videos of shows until I see them live. Ahhh the Sevierville show....yes it used to be a regular stop on the DCI tour....my band director took me to my first show in Sevierville in 1985 and I’ve been hooked ever since....I miss Sevierville but Tennessee is lucky to have had the Nashville/Murfreesboro show and the Atlanta regional nearby. Lots of great shows within reasonable driving distance of TN.

• Like 4

I was once in Knoxville and saw a play at the Clarence Brown Theatre on the UT campus: Arthur Miller's All My Sons. It was a decent production.

18 minutes ago, Kevin Meadows said:

My first live viewing as well...actually my first viewing AT ALL. As in all years I avoid viewing online videos of shows until I see them live. Ahhh the Sevierville show....yes it used to be a regular stop on the DCI tour....my band director took me to my first show in Sevierville in 1985 and I’ve been hooked ever since....I miss Sevierville but Tennessee is lucky to have had the Nashville/Murfreesboro show and the Atlanta regional nearby. Lots of great shows within reasonable driving distance of TN.

Exciting. Let us know what your take is on seeing the shows for the first time.