Two great shows this week-end

Chops "did" ask DCI for the score to be posted for the Rochester show but not the Minneapolis show. My guess is that it was simply missed. According to what I was told, DCI will "not" release the score to you if you choose not to make it public -- even if you ask. At least that is what I was told. Both the Govies and Chops both opted "not" to publish the scores for the Minneapolis show.

In a few minutes the Southern portion of DCA opens their season. I am expecting Carolina Gold to do pretty well, especially in class A,( a few weeks ago they looked the best they had in June for at least the past 3 years) I am sure Southern Knights has continued to get better, Ans CV showed DCA that they mean business last year at finals and I am sure they want to make a solid statement tonight. I think it is DCI judges though so I don't know how the scores will compare with other DCA or if they will even be released. Hopefully we will hear some good things from GA tonight.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:54 PM, Geno55441 said:

DCI forgot to post it on their website but Chops got a 65.2 (DCI Scoring) at Rochester, MN back on 8/8. It's posted in DCX only. 

That's weird. How did DCX and FromThePressbox get the score (and the recap at FTP) without it being posted to DCI's site?

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That's weird. How did DCX and FromThePressbox get the score (and the recap at FTP) without it being posted to DCI's site?

Educated guesses- someone from the corps sent it into DCX. Or, DCX has some friend somewhere who gets everything and sends it their way who happened to be involved with that contest.

3 hours ago, totaleefree said:

In a few minutes the Southern portion of DCA opens their season. I am expecting Carolina Gold to do pretty well, especially in class A,( a few weeks ago they looked the best they had in June for at least the past 3 years) I am sure Southern Knights has continued to get better, Ans CV showed DCA that they mean business last year at finals and I am sure they want to make a solid statement tonight. I think it is DCI judges though so I don't know how the scores will compare with other DCA or if they will even be released. Hopefully we will hear some good things from GA tonight.

Once the recap is published, folks can figure out if any of the panel are DCA people.

The Hiram scores and recaps for the DCA corps are on DCA's site rather than DCI's site and comparing the recaps...

there were two different sets of judges, one for the DCI corps and one for the DCA corps

6 hours ago, totaleefree said:

There were DCA judges here for the DCA Corps tonight in Atlanta. CV looked strong as battery acid tonight! 

• Like 1

I'm somewhat surprised I didn't see anything on Periscope for the Atlanta Brass Classic. I've still yet to see anymore than snippets of CV's show or a review.