Dubuque, IA - July 13, 2018

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hope he feels better soon.  Being sick on tour is no fun. 

14 minutes ago, PioSnareMom said:

I can't say I am disappointed. My boy so sick with upper respiratory infection and they haven't taken him to fill his scripts yet.  

I'm sorry for y'all, but I'm breathing a sigh of relief.  He's been under the weather for 2 weeks now.

Love...a worried momma.

Best wishes and improved health for your boy! 

39 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Should make Sunday even more interesting ...  first Phantom, Crossmen, Mandarins, Blue Stars match up.

Phantom has the edge on Sunday night.  They are in the last block.    A full hour and 50 minutes after Mandarins perform and an hour after Blue Stars.   Judges judge the corps in groups and there is little chance from anyone in the Spirit - Blue Stars group can move up however the spreads will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PioSnareMom said:

I can't say I am disappointed. My boy so sick with upper respiratory infection and they haven't taken him to fill his scripts yet.  

I'm sorry for y'all, but I'm breathing a sigh of relief.  He's been under the weather for 2 weeks now.

Love...a worried momma.

I'm hearing other Corps have the summer flu/creeping crud.  Hope your boy and all the rest GET WELL SOON!  (And use that hand sanitizer they put out at every meal!)

• Like 1

I just got home.  Do we have a rainout?

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps

35 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'm hearing other Corps have the summer flu/creeping crud.  Hope your boy and all the rest GET WELL SOON!  (And use that hand sanitizer they put out at every meal!)

Rinse those water jugs with bleach water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes. :43_slight_frown:

I marched in the BE years — Before Electronics — and if there wasn’t lightning, we went on anyway.  I remember the ‘81 DCM Championship at DeKalb where we performed in a driving rain.  It was FUN!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I marched in the BE years — Before Electronics — and if there wasn’t lightning, we went on anyway.  I remember the ‘81 DCM Championship at DeKalb where we performed in a driving rain.  It was FUN!

Even without electronics it would be difficult to perform nowadays. Props become a hazard in the rain and the front ensemble simply cannot bring any equipment out. Even without electronics, they are too essential of a group to just be left out of a show. In modern arranging, they fill in a lot of silent gaps that you don’t really realize exist until they don’t play 

Add in a smaller audience and it probably becomes not worth it for corps to risk illness/injury to perform a half-baked show to judges for minimally useful feedback 

• Like 1