St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What drug are you on lol most of these judges have been judging for a while. 

I seem to recall a few years ago people getting annoyed that BD was winning over and over again and were calling for there to be new blood in DCI judging. Well guess what, there’s some new blood in DCI judging now, why complain?!

Based on the success of 7th Regiment's recruiting in Mystic, might this be the face of one of the new DCI brass judges?

ZbxxBRR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No Cesario judging miracles before he went costuming full-time? Looking forward to the additional judge and no slotting or outliers.pls.

Press "H"  for...Haldol-Haloperidol.jpg

Wish I could aerosolize it.

Edited by CorpwithanS
because
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re here.  Tried the St. Louis pizza for lunch.  That’s the strangest pizza I’ve ever had.  

Have fun!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re here.  Tried the St. Louis pizza for lunch.  That’s the strangest pizza I’ve ever had.  

OK. So what, pray tell, is a St. Louis pizza?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Condolences to you and your family, and prayers of healing for you and your doctors. Just think of how glorious your sister's next drum corps show will be, with writers and instructors like Jim Ott, Fred Sanford and George Zingali.

Extremely thoughtful and very well said. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Based on the success of 7th Regiment's recruiting in Mystic, might this be the face of one of the new DCI brass judges?

ZbxxBRR.jpg

I love Mystic Aquarium, great place for families, it’s not overly commercial, hands on for kids. The belugas are pretty amusing. I wanted to make the trip to see 7th at Mystic last week but was unable to do so. The belugas do react to the music and a friend who happened to be at Mystic with his family last year said the corps was pretty interactive with the crowd.

If we had whales as judges, would they complain that a drill that doesn’t flow is like a beached whale? Would the judge have a whale of a good time if the show was enjoyable? Would the whale judge say to an underachieving corps “every minnow wants to be a whale?” 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

And yet when dci first began it was the CSJA judges who formed the backbone of the first decade or so, were the innovators and thinkers who broadened the evaluation past the tick system, and were the quality persons that helped make DCI what it is today.(eg., the 2 Granas, Maas, Earl Joyce, etc.)

The crew they had in '04 and '05 were awful! 

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My condolences to you for the lunch 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'll play

1. Devils (GE, Visual, Percussion, Music)

2. Cavies (Guard)

3. Bluecoats

4. Boston

5. Crown (Brass)

6. Cadets

7. Stars

8. Regiment

9. Mandarins

10. Crossmen

11. Spirit 

12. Madison

13. Colts