St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

59 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I understand what you are saying, but you (and many here) need to understand from the normal uneducated (in all things drum corp) person's view, it looks like a band (and indeed it is a band), a specific kind of band for sure, but I have adopted my son's view on this, it is just band.  And he teaches in a corps you would well recognize.  It often seems that some folks on DCP get all a-bother when some news person or someone else calls what DCI does as band.  Just be glad they are publicizing what is going on here.  Maybe someone unknowingly will come out and like it and come back for more.  Then is the time to educate.

I’ve been following drum corps for over forty years, so I know people’s perceptions, and I am well aware of the is drum corps/band debate, and I’m not looking to start it up again. Thst’s For the off season when blizzards keep us inside. In general, if the youth activity is not a sport, it gets little attention. The kids in drum corps are often in better shape than many athletes, their musical skills are as solid as the athletic prowess of the top players, and if you judge by the colleges many attend, their academic skills had to be top notch to be accepted. They are often high school and college superstars that fly under the radar because they are gridiron heroes. I value the importance of athletics, but I don’t want to see other activities young people do get short changed in local newspaper.  If you think I live in an area where local newspapers have page after page of high school sports reported on accurately but little about music, drama, debating, service activities, Jr. ROTC, NHS and Key Clubs, and when it is reported, it’s often incorrect, you’re right. Keep reporting on sports, but cover other things and get it right.

14 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

And 11 of those pages are discussing pizza (or what some call pizza).

For those who arrived today, I hope you enjoyed the light show that St. Louis put on for you.  We had some pretty wicked storms this afternoon.  There is a 50% of storms during the show tomorrow ... I know its a dome but it can really mess with the corps getting in and out.  I remember last year at Muncie there was a long delay in the stand-still performance because the corps couldn't get into the building.

Scary.  I was almost struck by lightning once so I’ve been running to and fro from the car to shelter.

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

There's a joke about your magnetic personality in there somewhere...

(Seriously, though, stay safe.)

When my boy was playing little league ball.  I was team mom and scorekeeper.  The hair stood up on my head it was so close. 

1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

And 11 of those pages are discussing pizza (or what some call pizza).

For those who arrived today, I hope you enjoyed the light show that St. Louis put on for you.  We had some pretty wicked storms this afternoon.  There is a 50% of storms during the show tomorrow ... I know its a dome but it can really mess with the corps getting in and out.  I remember last year at Muncie there was a long delay in the stand-still performance because the corps couldn't get into the building.

Yep, we got torrential downpour as soon as we left the airport and lightening storm just as we got to the hotel. It was like Florida rain, not Midwest rain.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

Sugarfire is really good ... and its right next to the dome.  If you really like it, theres one in downtown Indianapolis now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shimiconga said:

- Blue Devils

- Blue Coats

- Cavilers

- Boston Crusaders

- Carolina Crown

- Cadets

posted from the DrumScorps app

Im with you, I'll even go for some scores..

BD 86.8

BLOO 86.45

Cavaliers 85.5

Boston 85.35

Crown 85.25

Cadets 83.8

• Like 2

On 7/13/2018 at 5:21 PM, Rileydog said:

I’m interested to see the continued new changes Genesis is hammering out. 

Me too!  Word from my kiddos is that the last 3 days has been pretty focused and we get to see the middle of the show redesigned tonight, with more Metallica!

• Like 1