St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

Just now, CAtenhut said:

Blue Stars are cleaning up well, but playing Carpenters music while dressed like Bob the Builder with tables and horses all over the field just doesn't make sense to me. The props and unis set a much different tone from what we're listening to. 

Next year is music by Chicago. They’ll dress like John Hancock buildings.

i like their show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great sound and drill Love The Carpenters Heck I grew up along with Karen and Richard and remember when We've Only Just Begun was a bank commercial But watching this I feel like I'm in the 70's and I have that been there done that feeling.

• Like 2

Blue Stars...that is going to be a beast to clean!  Liking it though...

First off, I'm really warming to the Madison show, except for all the "pink" of it. However, I clearly hear a more polished brass performance from Blue Stars. Very much in control. Here's a show that could have been done in a more "zany" way but, thankfully not!

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

So is this the night the Blue Stars break 80? They were .25 away from doing so last night.

I'm sure they will. Crossmen and Mandarins will be close too. I also predict Phantom will be so hyped after getting rained out mid-performance last night. 

3 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

... but playing Carpenters music while dressed like Bob the Builder with tables and horses all over the field just doesn't make sense to me. The props and unis set a much different tone from what we're listening to. 

It's easier to understand if you picture the 4th Design Meeting, when the costume designer - Tommy Chong - presents the costumes for the first time to the shocked staff:

"Dude, you told me you wanted to play Carpenters this year"

• Haha 3