St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

..The shrieking followed each and every rifle catch..  every successful flag toss..  up in section 315 (next to the judges)  we witnessed a judge stand up, turn around, and tell some especially shriek-y and talkative teens, to shut it..  very satisfying :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mellojay84 said:

..The shrieking followed each and every rifle catch..  every successful flag toss..  up in section 315 (next to the judges)  we witnessed a judge stand up, turn around, and tell some especially shriek-y and talkative teens, to shut it..  very satisfying :) 

You mean a judge didn’t like it either? I’m surprised the judge didn’t drop everything and educate them about proper drum corps etiquette? I’m shocked. It takes a village, so I’ve  been told. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 7:09 AM, c mor said:

lindap:

I'm sincerely not meaning any disrespect.  Girls in the audience at DCI shows need to understand that their laser screaming shrieks for each and every rifle catch for every guard of every corps for the entire evening are excruciatingly painful to those of us seated in front of them. 

You are correct. That would be annoying. I go to local guard shows. We simply applaud, cheer and give a standing ovation at the end of the show if deserved. I've never been to a guard show where the audience screams. Sorry to have confused you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lindap said:

I go to local guard shows. We simply applaud, cheer and give a standing ovation at the end of the show if deserved. I've never been to a guard show where the audience screams.

The WGI Colorguard Championships in Dayton are notorious for having lots of screaming, particularly during the Scholastic World and Independent World guards.

In general, WGI Colorguard is something that I respect a lot, but I can't imagine myself going to a regional or championship live because of how much the audience screams for every little thing the guards do. It sucks that this kind of behavior is now bleeding into DCI, especially among younger fans who are likely more accustomed to WGI.

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The WGI Colorguard Championships in Dayton are notorious for having lots of screaming, particularly during the Scholastic World and Independent World guards.

In general, WGI Colorguard is something that I respect a lot, but I can't imagine myself going to a regional or championship live because of how much the audience screams for every little thing the guards do. It sucks that this kind of behavior is now bleeding into DCI, especially among younger fans who are likely more accustomed to WGI.

I think it’s great that the young people are so engaged in WGI guard.  It’s canned music, some of it not so great, and it’s pure color guard.  

Totally different head when you have really #### good musicians on the field giving it their all. 

• Like 2