Clifton; Mess at 46 West Show :)

This topic is for  discussing and sharing all things about tonight's  show in Clifton New Jersey .   All welcome to participate in posting and commenting. I'm going to try to post some pics from the show.

Weather at showtime 

88 and party cloudy 

Drum Corps Grand Prix

6:30 PM-11:00 PM

07-14-2018

350 Piaget Avenue, Clifton, NJ, United States

START TIME: 6:30 pm

EXHIBITION: T.B.A.

DCA CORPS:

Hurricanes
Sunrisers
Bushwackers
Fusion Core
Skyliners
Buccaneers
Cadets 2
Caballeros (HOST)

TICKETS: https://www.cabs.org

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 2

Exhibitions include:   Saints Brigade,  Skyliners Alumni,  Caballeros Alumni and I believe Encorps.   I heard there is a fifth exhibition corps, but I don't recall who it is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cabalumnidrummer said:

Exhibitions include:   Saints Brigade,  Skyliners Alumni,  Caballeros Alumni and I believe Encorps.   I heard there is a fifth exhibition corps, but I don't recall who it is.

Having trouble posting pics sorry but will pass on a few thoughts here and there.  Encore  Saint Brig. and Slyliners Alum. 

Encore I saw back on June 30 their first ever performance. Tonight they were better so good things happening. 

Saint Brig we had a very emotional speech from their director regarding the passing of a close friend.  they also been invited to be in the Rose Bowl parade and the New Year's day London parade in 2020 so bravo to them.  some great upper brass solo work! 

Sky alumni  didn't disappoint  with a spirited performance. Smaller than last year but definitely brought us our favorite tunes and a couple new ones great job Sky!   More in a bit ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Having trouble posting pics sorry but will pass on a few thoughts here and there.  Encore  Saint Brig. and Slyliners Alum. 

Encore I saw back on June 30 their first ever performance. Tonight they were better so good things happening. 

Saint Brig we had a very emotional speech from their director regarding the passing of a close friend.  they also been invited to be in the Rose Bowl parade and the New Year's day London parade in 2020 so bravo to them.  some great upper brass solo work! 

Sky alumni  didn't disappoint  with a spirited performance. Smaller than last year but definitely brought us our favorite tunes and a couple new ones great job Sky!   More in a bit ...

Competition:
Skyliners.  Definitely smaller numbers than last year but let me tell you the 19 horns they do have pack a punch. Some real good solo work. 

Hurricanes much bigger strong field entrance and a brighter than usual green in their uniforms set the stage for a great show. Very easy to follow the story and their brass and percussion have some real nice moments. This is a corps to keep an eye on....crowd pleasing show. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Competition:
Skyliners.  Definitely smaller numbers than last year but let me tell you the 19 horns they do have pack a punch. Some real good solo work. 

Hurricanes much bigger strong field entrance and a brighter than usual green in their uniforms set the stage for a great show. Very easy to follow the story and their brass and percussion have some real nice moments. This is a corps to keep an eye on....crowd pleasing show. 

Sunrisers
A bit smaller than last year. First corps tonight to feature more a costuform vs a traditional uniform . Nice with tradition sunriser colors. Speaking of color the first thing to hit you is a strong color guard statement at the beginning all on flags nice job. Brass and dline sound better when not moving so once they get more comfortable with the marching end of things their going to be much better. Strong flag statement to end the show. 

• Like 2

Sunrisers
A bit smaller than last year. First corps tonight to feature more a costuform vs a traditional uniform . Nice with tradition sunriser colors. Speaking of color the first thing to hit you is a strong color guard statement at the beginning all on flags nice job. Brass and dline sound better when not moving so once they get more comfortable with the marching end of things their going to be much better. Strong flag statement to end the show. 

Bushwackers 
A show named Fernando gets my attention right away. Bright colors featured in the guard. They start with Canon and do a good job with a couple nice music and cg impacts. Transitions a bit off but typical for July. Guard Kept grabbing my attention. High brass having some endurance issues at the end. Some nice teases of Malaga at the end. Curious to see where this goes!  Sound board person is deaf way TO LOUD

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Bushwackers 
A show named Fernando gets my attention right away. Bright colors featured in the guard. They start with Canon and do a good job with a couple nice music and cg impacts. Transitions a bit off but typical for July. Guard Kept grabbing my attention. High brass having some endurance issues at the end. Some nice teases of Malaga at the end. Curious to see where this goes!  Sound board person is deaf way TO LOUD

Fusion Corps
The second corps with costuforms but look good. A real fun show filled with familiar drum corps tunes. Can't think of this corps without the thinking of color guard and with 40ish of them it's impossible to miss them. CG is great. Brass a bit weaker than this time last year but they should get better with each outing.  Fun show !!

• Like 1

Fusion Corps
The second corps with costuforms but look good. A real fun show filled with familiar drum corps tunes. Can't think of this corps without the thinking of color guard and with 40ish of them it's impossible to miss them. CG is great. Brass a bit weaker than this time last year but they should get better with each outing.  Fun show !!

Buccaneers
Another corps with a very different look but these folks are sporting shakos. Right at the start is a very impressive tenor feature with drumspeak that sets things off. Rally nice effect. Strong brass and dline statements as well as guard. Very nice trombone solo and a very energetic loud finish. Going to be right  /near at the top when Dca finals rolls along 

• Like 1

Buccaneers
Another corps with a very different look but these folks are sporting shakos. Right at the start is a very impressive tenor feature with drumspeak that sets things off. Rally nice effect. Strong brass and dline statements as well as guard. Very nice trombone solo and a very energetic loud finish. Going to be right  /near at the top when Dca finals rolls along 

Cadets 2
Nice job by Cadets 2 however they have to get things a bit more together music ensemble wise. Tough show so no real worries. Show started with a French horn solo and got raucous really quick. Great moment in the ballad when the Hornline opens up with the guard an dual flags. Dline strong but need to clean. Pieces and talent is there they just need to get this show more together. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Cadets 2
Nice job by Cadets 2 however they have to get things a bit more together music ensemble wise. Tough show so no real worries. Show started with a French horn solo and got raucous really quick. Great moment in the ballad when the Hornline opens up with the guard an dual flags. Dline strong but need to clean. Pieces and talent is there they just need to get this show more together. 

Caballeros 
Home team. They start quick interestingly with a fencing duel with most of the corps. Nice solid opening statement once they get on instruments. Some strong moments but transitions a bit muddy . Nice trumpet solo work in the closer. Don't have the volume of the previous two offerings but no prob think back to Cabs Carmen 2007 as that corps was successful (2nd place) with finesse :)

• Like 1