Drums Along the Rockies - July 14, 2018

46 minutes ago, ExPitster said:

Cannot get over what an amazing job Chip Crotts has done with SCV's hornline...jaw still on the floor with the full corps re-entry following the baritone duet!  So many musical textures and effects that I've never heard on a football field before :babies:

I particularly like the CRACK!! as the horns snap up a few counts before the hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Wouldn't get too excited.  While I'm sure BD will tighten things up, the wind tonight was giving all the guards fits.

But I am excited :whistle:

2 hours ago, MusicalFrog said:

That closer is Hot! I wish the whole show felt like that.

its needs that Dutch Boy 1990s Vegas glitz!

posted from the DrumScorps app

This is unrelated to the performances, but does anyone know what happened to the field? That grass always looks perfect or close to it and it looks like they had a bunch of it actually die. 

16 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Interesting score differences between GE1 and GE2 judges. Almost a whole point difference in GE scores for SCV; same for BK. 

Looks like Costanza was not a fan of BK tonight. Left ample room between SCV and Academy for them and ended up putting them below Academy.

14 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Looks like Costanza was not a fan of BK tonight. Left ample room between SCV and Academy for them and ended up putting them below Academy.

Looks like Kristensen was not a fan of Academy's Percussion tonite. 90% of the spread between Blue Knights and Academy was Percussion.  1.3 point difference there alone.  Thats a LOT. Every other caption was a few tenths here and there between BK and Academy. Academy actually topped the Blue Knights on the Visual side tonite, ie Visual Analysis and in Guard.

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, Pizazzman said:

This is unrelated to the performances, but does anyone know what happened to the field? That grass always looks perfect or close to it and it looks like they had a bunch of it actually die. 

I was at the show with my brother who lives here in Denver. He said the yellowed grass was likely due to the professional lacrosse team that plays there (the Outlaws, maybe?)