Olathe, KS - July 16, 2018

15 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Although this year the talent level is through the roof in World Class and they are all great. What advantage do the Colts gain by going on last and out of their grouping. I always wondered about this going all the way back to the 1960's. I like traditions but this one seems counter productive?

IMO, I think it can hurt since they would be going on after corps that are scoring significantly higher than they are. 

Looking forward to the show tonight! Came up from OK and taking KC cousin.  Did the same last year.  Then back to OK for Broken Arrow TOC show.

• Like 2

I was able to attend some of Bloo and some of BAC’s ensemble. Great stuff! We’re in for a treat! I’m headed home to grab a bite to eat (and maybe a nap) and then I’m off to the show site!

Mv8YzrW.jpg

0jSssoJ.jpg

PzsJayi.jpg

Q3KBMPH.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mega said:

MO, I think it can hurt since they would be going on after corps that are scoring significantly higher than they are. 

Been watching this go on in Olathe/Overland Park/Gladstone venues at the Colts Show for years and not singling them out at all but there is somewhat of an exodus after the top corps perform. Being a week night think folks want to beat the traffic but should not be at the host's expense.

Is this correct stadium address?  

College Boulevard Activity Center

11031 S. Valley Pkwy.

Olathe, KS

I remember last year somehow we got to wrong address.

It is very easy to find off of IH 10.  I just got back from the stadium and it is quite warm right now.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Been watching this go on in Olathe/Overland Park/Gladstone venues at the Colts Show for years and not singling them out at all but there is somewhat of an exodus after the top corps perform. Being a week night think folks want to beat the traffic but should not be at the host's expense.

I admit I did that same thing after SCV performed at the Rose Bowl. I left right before BD performed because exiting the stadium and the parking lot is very difficult when thousands are trying to exit the same time.

15 minutes ago, Mega said:

performed at the Rose Bowl

Did they fix the humming lights ruined my dci that year lights came on right before Troopers, horrible hum from loose laminations in the transformers that I knew would not be fixed all weekend. Then someone who is not spoken of anymore had to delay the show to fertilize the field (pun) but it looked like that from the stands.   

52 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I have not seen evidence that lower scoring corps going on after corps scoring significantly higher than them has negatively impacted their score. DCI judges are pretty good at making sure their scores are consistent with what a corps has been scoring, usually showing slight improvement each show. What is hard is moving up from one group of corps to another. 

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

DCI judges are pretty good at making sure their scores are consistent

Too Good almost seems fixed

• Haha 1