DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

as of 9:54 AM Phx time, I  am NOT seeing the official DCI announcement of corps placement/ schedule for San Antonio on  DCI.org. Why is this, Please Advise. Thank You.

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Oh I think that’s a great draw for Phantom. They’re on after the intermission. Based on yesterday’s performances, I think Phantom needs to be more concerned about staying ahead of Mandarins than overtaking BS or Cadets. 

I think Cadets are out of reach, the design of their show is a good notch above that of Phantom. But they're just a few tenths behind Blue Stars I wouldn't say that battle is completely over just yet. But I do agree Mandarins are a big concern as well, and I frankly wouldn't be surprised to see them above Phantom by the end of the season

If anything Crossmen got the worse draw. Bad for them, but good for Academy. They aren't far off from knocking them off from the top 12. I love Crossmen's show, and the hornline sounds like a top 10 group imo, but I hate to say that the drill and design isn't competitive enough against the others, which is why they aren't getting the numbers. :/ 

• Like 1

Got it Oldbandguy, Thank you very much. WOW thrilled with THE ACADEMY draw!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, drumcorpsfan2018 said:

If anything Crossmen got the worse draw. Bad for them, but good for Academy. They aren't far off from knocking them off from the top 12. I love Crossmen's show, and the hornline sounds like a top 10 group imo, but I hate to say that the drill and design isn't competitive enough against the others, which is why they aren't getting the numbers. :/ 

I think it's sad for corps whose "home show" is a regional.  They don't get the last time slot and encore that other groups get in their home towns.

On a side note, I find it interesting that San Antonio is the host of the "Southwest Regional" when it lies in almost the exact center of the continental US (East to West)!  :-)   98.4936° W

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, momrod2000 said:

I think it's sad for corps whose "home show" is a regional.  They don't get the last time slot and encore that other groups get in their home towns.

IIRC, Crossmen do do encore in San Antonio. It's relatively easy to do, since no one's leaving that night (why there's a retreat, as well).

I think SOA often gets the encore slot in Atlanta, too, but someone can check me on that?

Blue Stars could not ask for a better performance slot that what they received. Now they can go out and prove they should be competing for 7-8 as opposed to 10-11. I think Saturday is an important day for them. 

• Like 1