DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

9 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I didn't use Dinosaur to be meant as an insult. Dinosaur is a blanket statement directed toward anyone who shows any resistance to change. 

So your the change agent, I'm old and need to crawl back in my cave ang help lady dinosaur sit on some eggs. You seem like a bright person but when your in a hole stop digging I much have rather been the other kind of dinosaur that just didn't understand marching. No offense but the younger generation confuses me. As a baby boomer we just stole the Benz logo and hoped for the best, a lot more complicated today.

Bloo's music captions are the issue right now. Crowns issue seems to be visual, esp guard. Cadets VA unusually low. then again the new ending is dirty.

lots of battles underneath. gonna be a fun last 3 weeks

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

So your the change agent, I'm old and need to crawl back in my cave ang help lady dinosaur sit on some eggs. You seem like a bright person but when your in a hole stop digging I much have rather been the other kind of dinosaur that just didn't understand marching. No offense but the younger generation confuses me. As a baby boomer we just stole the Benz logo and hoped for the best, a lot more complicated today.

People can be stuck at any age. I know so called dino's that are 30 and I know total progressives within the activity over 60..It's like jerks ( or kindness , or talent)...lol...not age restrictive ...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

This war against millennials is so stupid. Each generation brings something great to the table and each generation has it's flaws. Really wish people would stop with all that ridiculousness.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bloo's music captions are the issue right now. Crowns issue seems to be visual, esp guard. Cadets VA unusually low. then again the new ending is dirty.

lots of battles underneath. gonna be a fun last 3 weeks

Great shows/ performers. Congrats to BAC's CG.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

SCV is missing 30 seconds of show still. Remember that...

So? New endings are always the rage but very rarely do they make much of an impact at all. The ending that is in right now is just fine and can easily take them to a gold. A revamped version might have the fans oozing over it but the judges are already feeling it so not much room for improvement.

• Haha 1

Pretty decent chance the Vanguard organization wins both World Class and Open Class this year.

SCVC won the west coast Open Class championship tonight, beating BDB by 1.75 and taking all but two captions.

As I recall, in August, O.C. corps tend to see their scores drop by a few points from O.C. Finals to W.C. Prelims, but then the best O.C. corps see their scores go up a little in W.C. Semis. Anyway, SCVC's score at Pleasant Hill would have placed them 18th at San Antonio, just ahead of Pacific Crest.

For reference, I think these are the top recent scores in Open Class:

73.15 Vanguard Cadets

71.40 Blue Devils B

69.00 Legends

68.40 Spartans

67.40 Gold

65.15 Battalion [not going to championships]

65.03 Guardians

64.05 Golden Empire

62.70 Louisiana Stars [7 days ago]

61.00 7th Regiment

60.80 Southwind [7 days ago]

60.70 Vessel [not going to championships]

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

So? New endings are always the rage but very rarely do they make much of an impact at all. The ending that is in right now is just fine and can easily take them to a gold. A revamped version might have the fans oozing over it but the judges are already feeling it so not much room for improvement.

Well, Phantom Regiment 2008 was most DEFINITELY one of those rarities then I suppose. :cool:

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bloo's music captions are the issue right now. 

Yeah can’t figure out why either. Change is not always positive. If it’s not broken don’t try to fix it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

tell Bluecoats 14 or BD Ink

• Like 1