DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

44 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Is this true or just speculation? Yes, I know during the standstill at Stanford the corps played their closer with those mello sustains. But did they remove it or are they saving it? 

They are putting it in soon. They play it that way in every stand still as well. You can find it on YouTube from the other day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Me too.  They were among my favorite competitors, always entertaining, and fun to watch!

They let themselves fold while Boston did not despite undergoing many more hardships compared to that other Boston area Corps. Having said that I wish they were still around as well. 

12 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

People can be stuck at any age. I know so called dino's that are 30 and I know total progressives within the activity over 60..It's like jerks ( or kindness , or talent)...lol...not age restrictive ...lol

I know just having some fun. Posting is sure a study in human nature to post something and see where the hot buttons fall. Usually way off topic but oh well it gets worse on Fake Book or Book Face whatever they call it, wife uses I don't. New way of keeping up with the Jones's but with a more tragic downside lately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

BD appears to have four or five tall mics along the sideline to help boost their sound. Who else is doing that this year?

Funny you said that. They were turned way up in Katy and toned down for the dome. Crown seems to have the largest stack of speakers and mics in front of them 8 mid-range/hi and 4 sub woofers. The bass was way up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Ironically, I almost omitted that year from that posting. Good visual program, great musical program, fantastic drum feature, fantastic emotional quality. One of the greatest shows ever. Visually it was great, but I think Cavs had a great program too that year. They did tie for first, I believe. I know, you marched it, I still consider it the best show of all time, and I can say "OMG I KNOW SOMEONE WHO MARCHED THAT SHOW" lol

But it was just an example. 

I really am trying not to be rude about it, but the visual programs from tonight's top 3 really bored me. Blue Devils bored me the least. 

I'm trying to find out history on The Cadets, who their drill designer was over the years, and I don't know if Sactig wrote 1993, I don't think he did, and I know Zingali wasn't there at the time. Was it Sylvester? I also remember reading some kind of interview with Sactig where he mentioned 1998 was his favorite drill design to create. 

I think moving to Crown really took him out of his element. It's literally like trying to do the same things you did at your old job, at a new company. I wonder if he is finding it challenging to create something special with Crown, having been with another system for so long. 

Crown drill this year is light years better than CADETS. I think Jeff is very happy over at Crown. The cadets are a long way off form being a top 4 corps again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

If the Colts' average score over the 3 major regionals is higher than Madison's, the Colts get the 15th and final spot.

Don’t look now Madison, but SCVC just took 0.8 off your spread tonight. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

Crown drill this year is light years better than CADETS. I think Jeff is very happy over at Crown. The cadets are a long way off form being a top 4 corps again. 

You never know. Boston went from 12th to 6th in a year. Sh#t happens.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Don’t look now Madison, but SCVC just took 0.8 off your spread tonight. 

Yes, but for purposes of the Prelims order, including the cinema screening, Open Class corps go first regardless of how well they scored at O.C Finals.

True, but at the rate VC are going they’ll still get to perform Saturday (in exhibition.) 

Edited by TRacer

2 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

The back flips in SCV show to me added nothing. I saw it as a gimmick. How did this add to what they were trying to say with their program? It didn't.

The back flips in Vanguard’s show are also just derivative of Westfield HS’s BOA Grand National winning show in 2003.