DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

7 hours ago, 777hornman said:

Crown drill this year is light years better than CADETS. I think Jeff is very happy over at Crown. The cadets are a long way off form being a top 4 corps again. 

I don't understand the need for negativity/. 

• Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Instead of constantly poo-pooing them - perhaps they deserve our admiration and support

Totally agree, poo-pooing them now is not a word sandwich that is going to be too appetizing down the road. Although I have avoided any discussion on the current situation, been in the trenches with them in the past. In the 80's when North Jersey became too sophisticated for drum corps a lot of us backed the Cadets with donations to fund their membership drive down south. I believe arts education in NJ has suffered for it ever since. Like I said I do not know any details on how this years show came about but didn't they come up with a whole new show in early spring/late winter? Maintaining their position from last year is an accomplishment in the face of it all, it hasn't hurt them on the field and what else madders. I give them a lot of credit.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Flo has some #### poor and rude customer service 

https://twitter.com/howtotoastbread/status/1018690482459701248?s=12

wow how distasteful 

9 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I hope Sactig opens up a school to train people who to write competent drill. If he doesn't, his brain needs to be kept in a glass jar after he dies and hooked to a computer so that it can continue to put out.

Wish someone had done that for Zingali.  Your comments are most appreciated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That's a really high score for sixth place at this event. Only one sixth-place corps in the past ten years has gotten a San Antonio score close to that, and that was in 2010, when DCI Southwestern was held over two days (SCV was second for that night and sixth overall with 87.60).

The record for highest sixth-place score at Finals has stood since 1989. Might it be broken this year?

Yup, by Cavies! Hehe

3 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

This made me snort out loud in church.  

you're reading DCP in church

Give me 5 Our Father's, 3 Hail Mary's...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

you're reading DCP in church

Give me 5 Our Father's, 3 Hail Mary's...

...... and a backflip Jesus!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Flo has some #### poor and rude customer service 

Been there with FLO, no trouble ticketing system, I used their site's commenting space (black hole) nicely explained my issues and have not received any acknowledge what's so ever. I had issues last night but FLO is FLO has an monopolist attitude but what can one do? Sick of airing my complaints here because their shills attack you as an individual even if you post something positive I been poked back at with a stick on this site. When the other FLO SXXXks thread existed although I did not agree with the title it was quickly shut down when I threatened to trace IP's to see if the insults pointed back to individuals working at FLO or dci. Poke away because they fall far short of intimation and hiding behind insults is just unveiling their true intentions.