DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

3 hours ago, afd said:

SCV is gonna win. Hands down they have that total package. I saw that at Standford. They will go unbeaten and the real competition is from 2-4th. Yes...SCV is just that much better. And they deserve it.

I say they will not go unbeaten this year. :)

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe The Battalion can become part of this mix in the near future.

(1) I think they ought to make it to Open Class championships first, and for several years.

(2) And based on the example of Oregon Crusaders, who as often as not have been beaten in subsequent years by BDB and SCVC, is it worth it?

(3) But it will be up to Battalion and DCI to make that decision.

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(1) I think they ought to make it to Open Class championships first, and for several years.

(2) And based on the example of Oregon Crusaders, who as often as not have been beaten in subsequent years by BDB and SCVC, is it worth it?

Two Words - Gate Money

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Hey I recognize you! lol

Seriously, thugh, I think that in order for a corp to move up a class, their scores have to reflect it, and they cannot be a feeder corp. (Sorry if those are already rules, I ame not very knowledgeable of them)

4 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Seriously, though, I think that in order for a corp to move up a class, their scores have to reflect it, and they cannot be a feeder corp. (Sorry if those are already rules, I ame not very knowledgeable of them.)

Genesis never finished better than third in Open Class when they moved up. Music City's best finish in O.C. was fourth last year. It's not just about scores. It's about offering members a different experience. But DCI does require corps to show a viable financial plan.

And I don't think there's any prohibition about the same parent organization fielding more than one corps in World Class. (Certainly we know that one organization can have more than one corps in Open Class.) The reason that Blue Devils B, Vanguard Cadets, Colt Cadets, and numerous other "cadet" corps of the past never requested World Class status is that the organizations want to offer more options to potential members.

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

However, my original thesis was that Academy, as well as several other Corps in the 13-15 (or maybe 16) range can make the Saturday show.   The key is to leave it all on the field Friday.

Just ask Crossmen 2012. What is one of the most beloved shows of recent Xmen memory made it to the BluRay only because of a great Friday run.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

That was kind of the point. 

I still think they have a good chance of going undefeated this year despite losing in Clovis. 

Edited by Bsader