DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

1 hour ago, afd said:

Probably why Pioneer is in WC. They are ALWAYS at the end of the WC scoring and will  place lower during finals week to half of OC corps. But they still choose to remain in World. And for a reason...$$$$.

I can understand that too.  Working with an OC corps, I can't even imagine what we would do if we were actually picking up appearance money for shows.

Mike

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I can understand that too.  Working with an OC corps, I can't even imagine what we would do if we were actually picking up appearance money for shows.

Mike

Do WC corps get money to be in shows?

10 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

Do WC corps get money to be in shows?

I think so and the top 8 from WC the previous year get a bigger slice of the pie (heard that a while back, no sure though)if so maybe that should change after SN show like placements?

5 hours ago, KPinCAL said:

Float fest? Floating in rivers? Thanks 

Yup - music festival in/around San Marcos on the river. Last year driving down to SA for the show was a mess because of all the traffic. The stretch from Austin to SA alone took probably 2-3 hours when it should've taken just over 1

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, brassboy said:

Oh I think that’s a great draw for Phantom. They’re on after the intermission. Based on yesterday’s performances, I think Phantom needs to be more concerned about staying ahead of Mandarins than overtaking BS or Cadets. 

They are not (sadly) going to overtake Cadets or Stars.

24 minutes ago, Dcbae!23 said:

Yup - music festival in/around San Marcos on the river. Last year driving down to SA for the show was a mess because of all the traffic. The stretch from Austin to SA alone took probably 2-3 hours when it should've taken just over 1

If you are going from SA to anyplace North of Austin (or visa versa), might I suggest the Toll 130 as a bypass.  It costs $, and is a bit farther distance, but there are long stretches where the limit is 85, which is kinda fun.

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, 27Socal said:

True.  Phantom not getting the tremendous blow back on here, like some of the recent years.

Well, I guess we need some then! Here goes. IMO, the show design is a few years behind the times (again). Even then it probably would still have been sitting outside the top 6. Now remember, I said 'designed' not performed.

I could see Mandarins overtaking them by DCI based on design. A point and a 1/2 spread isn't very much. I could also see Stars staying ahead, again, based on design (though I don't necessarily care that much for it, the design is what will make the difference).

Ok, was that enough 'blow back'?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

Same phenomenon, different name. I'd had always heard it referred to as "Mandela effect." But I see, through google search, that Mengele effect is essentially the same thing.

That was intended as an oblique X-Files reference..lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

That wouldn't be undefeated then...it would be "undefeated since Clovis"...

I know I was just being a bit of a wise ###.