DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

4 hours ago, kbbandman said:

but there are long stretches where the limit is 85, which is kinda fun.

Which probably means at least 90.  Must be a nice stretch of highway to drive a ton (100).

• Like 1

So very interesting to see the negative comments about the back flips in Vanguard's show this year.  There have been backflips (non jesus ones at that) throughout DCI's history.  For me the back flips are a symbol of escape from the traditional bounds of earth's forces.  Sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't.  In this context, I feel that the flips make perfect sense.  Not so much last year . . . .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Which probably means at least 90.  Must be a nice stretch of highway to drive a ton (100).

I am actually from WA state, and have only driven that road once (last year, going from  Denton to SA for drum corps), but it was fun to drive 90mph!

45 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So very interesting to see the negative comments about the back flips in Vanguard's show this year.  There have been backflips (non jesus ones at that) throughout DCI's history.  For me the back flips are a symbol of escape from the traditional bounds of earth's forces.  Sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't.  In this context, I feel that the flips make perfect sense.  Not so much last year . . . .

Not sure there’s many complaints about the backflips themselves as much as the visual program as a whole

• Thanks 1