DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Well, everyone came to play.  As always.  This show brings out the best in everyone. Congratulations to all for such great inspired performances! 

Yep. Starting with Cadets and Boston on up, it’s just great performances. I even liked Crown tonight, after giving them a meh last night.

• Like 1

BD used to be my favorite corps, they do little for me the last few years :/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

The funny thing is this BD program, visually, is much more traditional then what they've done the last several years. 

Well that's true musically too I think.  There's no jarring K-Pop things etc.  It's a great show, and awesomely performed, its just, somehow I expect BD to make my jaw drop like it just did for SCV and it's not there yet.  I think that ballad will be there soon though. The opener is a grabber too.

3 minutes ago, Pizazzman said:

They don’t have the high or loud chops of BD hornlines of the past though. 

I noticed that watching them rehearse.

BD didn't see you last night but there was nothing lacking today. Is there a paint by numbers version available in the Festival Market Place? Hope you have a vested interest in Nighthawks your sure driving it's value up.

• Haha 2

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Drumline battle is a waste of time when you put corps against corps. It's literally lot warmup and feature. Bring the people that actually design for the battle on the stage  

Go to the Drumline Battle during championships in Indy. It's one of the most entertaining couple of hours you'll have all week I guarantee!

5 minutes ago, fanman said:

BD - Excellent performance as always but haven’t I seen this same show many times before?? 

Yeah, they actually perform the same show throughout the competitive season, which began in June.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, mjoakes said:

Yep. Starting with Cadets and Boston on up, it’s just great performances. I even liked Crown tonight, after giving them a meh last night.

There were moments of Crown’s brass show that were  just breathtaking. 

• Like 1