DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

1 hour ago, Bsader said:

I still they they have a good chance of going undefeated this year despite losing in Clovis. 

That wouldn't be undefeated then...it would be "undefeated since Clovis"...

Vanguard trying to go undefeated despite losing twice already this season (Clovis and Sacramento).

yn61u.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, wilme861 said:

Exactly right. People seem to forget that these top corps are so good now that a finish in 6th seems like a disappointing season but in this year, 6th place would have been a medalist just 5 years ago if not less. Just another example with Madison being down as low as they are in the placements. Granted their show isn't the best show they've had in recent years but they are still a great group that would probably be around that 12th place spot in the past but have dropped down. The big names in DCI have to move down if other corps are ever going to challenge for their spots.

True, but even back in the day (70s, 80s) placing 6th at Finals was seen as a real honor. Heck, just making top 12 is a huge honor. Any year.  These are the finest drum corps in the world.  We place a lot of emphasis on who is going to win, but to truly enjoy all that drum corps has to offer I think you have to take in and cheer on all the groups.  It also helps to fully understand the judging system and small differences in show design or performance that might keep a corps from moving up 1, 2, 3, or 4 spots.  

Take the corps in the 7, 8, 9, and 10 positions. Only 2+ points separate them. As amazing as SCV is this year -- and I think they have all the ingredients to win -- the top 4 corps are separated by 2+ points with 3 weeks left.  A lot can happen.  The corps in the 13 to 17 range are just incredible and their battle to inch-up toward top 12 status is fun to watch, as is their quality. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

However, my original thesis was that Academy, as well as several other Corps in the 13-15 (or maybe 16) range can make the Saturday show.   The key is to leave it all on the field Friday.

Completely agree!

35 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Maybe their show is soooooo good, there will be a Mandela effect and they actually won in Clovis.

I think you mean the Mengele Effect.

6 hours ago, Dcbae!23 said:

It's because of Float Fest this weekend

Float fest? Floating in rivers? Thanks 

12 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Two Words - Gate Money

Probably why Pioneer is in WC. They are ALWAYS at the end of the WC scoring and will  place lower during finals week to half of OC corps. But they still choose to remain in World. And for a reason...$$$$.