El Dorado, KS - July 16, 2018

BK must be very disappointed with that score, and their scores as of late  

13 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

I don’t buy Cadets brass over Blue Knights. Other than that, the matchup seems about right.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Well the judge got to hear them play immediately following Cadets and put them behind them in both content and achievement so maybe they are hearing something you did not? I agree BK brass has a great ensemble sound this year and I’m really looking forward to hearing them live 

25 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

I don’t buy Cadets brass over Blue Knights. Other than that, the matchup seems about right.

posted from the DrumScorps app

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well the judge got to hear them play immediately following Cadets and put them behind them in both content and achievement so maybe they are hearing something you did not? I agree BK brass has a great ensemble sound this year and I’m really looking forward to hearing them live 

Maybe the judge just called it like he heard it.

• Like 2

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Maybe the judge just called it like he heard it.

Yep. Theres a big difference in ensemble brass sound and a scored sampling of 15-20 players over the course of a 12 minute show. They have literally nothing in common much of the time. For better or worse, that how we get our High Brass Champion in todays DCI. The 'good old days' combined Ensemble Brass and Field Brass. You get a real read up top and the sampling. Seems much more balanced for awarding best brass line than who sounds great 2 feet away from the bell. What other world do we ever judge like this? lol. I miss those days.. 

• Like 1

BK is dirty visually and jumped from 79.4 to 80.8.... I think Bk is gonna feel inspired and challenged. CG tonight was .2 behind Cadets and most captions were much improved for BK in a few days. 2.2 from Cadets is about what I was expecting though I think the brass and drum scores were lower than expected- but what do you do.... judges judge and that’s the way they saw it :)