Bentonville, AR - July, 16, 2018

3 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

The judging is so erratic I must disagree here. DCI has some newer judges that are just clueless and very erratic.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I think I said numbers are far  less important than feedback from judges you trust.  You really disagree with that?  

Music City caught me off guard...soooo good. Wasn't expecting that to start things off with. One of the players family//friends was in the stand a few rows ahead of me...they had a huge cut out of his face they waved around for everyone to see...that was funny. 

Guardians were really good too....glad they took the spot of intermission...didn't have to sit around and wait for the next corps to play like usual. 

There were some really awesome moments in Crossmen...I thought they were a bit better than Phantom...be I see Phantom scored higher...I guess that's why I'm not a judge...

Crown...amazing...as always...so happy they didn't cover up their brass with singing this year. They made a lot of positive changes that I noticed a lot of people have been complaining about.  A strong medal contender, as well as winning the Ott and Sandford. IMO. I think the guard guy had to abort halfway once he jumped onto the rocker....like he slipped ...unless they changed it on purpose he should slid all the way from one side to the next...but the humidity and rain might have made the rocker slick...if so...was a smart move to abort...coulda fallen and broken something otherwise. 

Sorry - had to drop in - Guardians set a record last night by beating *2* WC corps at a show.  (Hey, we take our records where we can get 'em.)  Sadly, our 5-show streak of winning Visual Analysis came to an end.  You might have noticed, but there were some really good corps there.  :)  Guard took 4th, beating Pio, Surf and Music City, too!  Belton is next up for us - back in our own neck of the woods. 

Mike

• Like 3

9 hours ago, msumello said:

Music City caught me off guard...soooo good. Wasn't expecting that to start things off with. One of the players family//friends was in the stand a few rows ahead of me...they had a huge cut out of his face they waved around for everyone to see...that was funny. 

Guardians were really good too....glad they took the spot of intermission...didn't have to sit around and wait for the next corps to play like usual. 

There were some really awesome moments in Crossmen...I thought they were a bit better than Phantom...be I see Phantom scored higher...I guess that's why I'm not a judge...

Crown...amazing...as always...so happy they didn't cover up their brass with singing this year. They made a lot of positive changes that I noticed a lot of people have been complaining about.  A strong medal contender, as well as winning the Ott and Sandford. IMO. I think the guard guy had to abort halfway once he jumped onto the rocker....like he slipped ...unless they changed it on purpose he should slid all the way from one side to the next...but the humidity and rain might have made the rocker slick...if so...was a smart move to abort...coulda fallen and broken something otherwise. 

When they start using them they slide, not sure how he gets off now...