Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

Seems this year is Battle of the Bay part 2

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Yeah, I think SCV is good, just not the show design level that Bloo has going, they fix perc problems Bloo will be right there in aug.

I think BLOO has a larger hill than you think. Down 1.3 and just improving percussion wont raise score that much and getting 1st in one caption, even GE music, may not bode well. Id be more worried about 3rd place and 4th place ordinals right now. Granted, its early for sure, but I'd also have to kindly disagree with show design. I think SCV is the most complete package top to bottom, visually and musically. No real weaknesses and also not close to clean yet.

IMO, BLOO and SCV two best shows with most upside. But we know BD closes like no other. Going to be a fun last 3 weeks!!

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Yeah that's the most competitive split across 3 groups.  Having just the right combo of judges could mean a lot.  But this looks like a fairly locked top 3.  Bloo is in it, but they have more dogging them on the sheet than the other two.  They are the only ones pulling below 3rd on a caption.

I think that either of BD or SCV winning GE will come down to a gold... But Bloo pulling a win in GE may only be able to round up to a silver as things are.

Spot on...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

I have to assume the judges - and the corps - know what they are doing and what they need to do moving forward.  I've been shocked for a few days that Boston is scoring as they are - it seems out of place.  I'm surprised to see we've broken 90 already (oh SCV, you deserve it!).  All in all, I guess I just have to sit back, enjoy the ride, and cross my fingers for what's to come.

Boston's guard score is especially weird, considering they had 1st in content on Sunday. 

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

No one is talking about the fact that Cavaliers is now a full three points back from Bluecoats? 

Ehhh... I don't think it's a surprise.  They haven't been together that much and they apparently have been tracking at a different pace.

Those top three shows are scoring somewhat high... not so much that Cavies are unusually low.

Alright BD! Sweeping visual! I can't be happier right now. If my beloved BD has to take their occasional silver, let it be to SCV and keep the title in Cali baby! And we have Mandarins killing it this year! Do it up Devils! West Coast stand up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Yeah, I think SCV is good, just not the show design level that Bloo has going, they fix perc problems Bloo will be right there in aug.

How's it not the show design level Bloo has going? Can you explain your thought process, please?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

No one is talking about the fact that Cavaliers is now a full three points back from Bluecoats? 

Yes I saw that. Quite a separation.  I wonder if things will shake towards that trend with the top 3...then is Crown in between or more in a grouping with Cavaliers and Boston? Their scores were returned close too.

2 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I definitely agree with this.... its a wild ride right now. Anthing can happen with these three.. consistency going to play a big part for Scv to mentain this streak to finals or else.. BD is coming and Bloo right there too. 

Looking at the recap I'm really liking where BD is at. They have the most captions with large spreads between Content and Achievement, including a huge GE1 gap (0.5) and Visual Analysis Gap (0.45). My only real concern is brass, hopefully the staff has plans to clean that up and beef up their book a little as they've been lagging in that caption most of the season.