Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

34 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Not sure if this was mentioned yet... BD was slated to do an encore, then today told the show organizers "nahhhh jk."

Yeah that was unfortunate. Wonder what happened. I’ve been to a lot of shows but none (that I can remember at least) without an encore.

58 minutes ago, NeutralNovice said:

omg I shudder at that phrase.  I remember using that just a few weeks ago with my younger cousins and they looked so appalled, like "off the chain" was akin to someone using the word "groovy."  I felt old.

Ok, fine.. it would be lit. There you go, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

That's what I get for typing while I'm watching Face Off.... my multi-tasking leaves a lot to be desired. 

i-want-his-face-off-19712938.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Why should that blows your mind ? SCV brass been phenomenal this season. There's nothing to be suprised about.they have exchange that caption with eachother but Scv been more winning that caption more than BD. So ?????

Historically SCV has always lagged behind in brass to BD (and Cadets, Star, Crown....)

BD: A sh!t ton of High Brass awards since the late 70s, 4 since 2007

SCV: 2 in 50 years; the last one was 31 years ago on “2-Valve G Bugles of the ######” sponsored by DEG <shiver>

Crown: 5 since 2007 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavs fifth in percussion after beating Devils a couple of times less than a week ago. 

I wonder if someone’s drum fell off and other guys dropped their sticks and played with their fingers. 

Or if they just had a really rough run. 

I’m banking on “really rough run”

Could be they had a great run, but BD had an even better run with more upside. Could be that BD was less clean a week ago. There are many angles. 

• Like 1

Mostly what I see is that a top 3 is emerging and that Santa Clara is the current leader of the pack.  Not unexpected.  The top 3 corps are all amazingly good and entertaining this year...and that is a win for DCI any year.  Congrats to SCV, Blue Devils, and Bluecoats!! All medal worthy shows, and any one of them could still win the DCI Championship. 

I think it was obvious by scores tonight that Crown not being at the show likely hurt Cavaliers.  Is Crown ready to begin their ascent to top 3 status, stay at 4, or will they be in a dogfight with Cavaliers?  And will Boston Crusaders help fill the gap we saw tonight by pushing over the Cavaliers and giving Crown a run for 4th? I absolutely love this Boston show, and that brass line is fantastic! 

Blue Knights pulled a nice score and are looking for be a top 7 contender with Cadets, for sure. 

Very excited for the Texas shows. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Historically SCV has always lagged behind in brass to BD (and Cadets, Star, Crown....)

BD: A sh!t ton of High Brass awards since the late 70s, 4 since 2007

SCV: 2 in 50 years; the last one was 31 years ago on “2-Valve G Bugles of the ######” sponsored by DEG <shiver>

Crown: 5 since 2007 

Actually Carolina Crown has 6 brass titles since 2009. (09, 11, 12, 13, 16, and 17).

While Blue Devils have not won as often as they used to, in addition to those 4 titles since 2007 they have routinely been 2nd or 3rd in the other years. Still not bad when you consider the demand in their books. Same with Crown. You don't need to win every caption to win titles, as BD always proves.  Top 3 across the board is incredible and difficult to do. 

In their glory days, The Cadets were much like this. They have won brass titles, but typically they would be top 2 or 3 in brass and percussion and let their visual and GE power them to top 3 placements and championships. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

That would be a treat for the west coast! I don't think we've ever had Bloo come west. Cadets, yes. Phantom, yes. I'd love to see Crown, too. Fell in love with Crown when I saw them in 2007 at finals in Pasadena. Come on out, Bloo!

Bluecoats went west in 2007, obviously, because Finals were out there. They were at the Stanford show and at Pasadena. Not sure what other shows they hit. They actually won high brass at quarterfinals in 2007 at the Rose Bowl. Visuals simply held them back after a strong start that season. Still, that 2007 corps was super talented and really sound fantastic! 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1