Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

This is really a very stark moment for the Cavs. Their show design and execution just doesn't seem to have the wheels to compete for a caption. You almost can't get a medal without a caption (anyone with info on this?), and even then, that's not a guarantee. And to top it off, Boston is breathing down their neck. We remember how last year they stole 4th from Bluecoats. Karma?  We really didn't know this much about the state of their season until now. Big reality check for those of us, me included, who thought they were gonna medal this year.

I still think they're ready to medal,  but it looks like they need another year or two. But I think they will get it done. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year, but this staff will take them there. They just need a really good, long sit down session and think about how they're gonna do it.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'm think Bloo needs to head out west first tour next year. Two years in a row they were undefeated and immediately knocked to 3rd when BD and SCV came east. It might do them well to meet these two head on from the get go.

Bloo your more than welcome in Clovis !!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'm think Bloo needs to head out west first tour next year. Two years in a row they were undefeated and immediately knocked to 3rd when BD and SCV came east. It might do them well to meet these two head on from the get go.

PR 2008, Cadets 2011, Crown 2013. What do they have in common besides beating BD at finals? They all went west that year.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

This is really a very stark moment for the Cavs. Their show design and execution just doesn't seem to have the wheels to compete for a caption. You almost can't get a medal without a caption (anyone with info on this?), and even then, that's not a guarantee. And to top it off, Boston is breathing down their neck. We remember how last year they stole 4th from Bluecoats. Karma?  We really didn't know this much about the state of their season until now. Big reality check for those of us, me included, who thought they were gonna medal this year.

I still think they're ready to medal,  but it looks like they need another year or two. But I think they will get it done. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year, but this staff will take them there. They just need a really good, long sit down session and think about how they're gonna do it.

I think the lack of Crown being present contributed to that huge gap. I wouldn't lose out hope just yet but medals seemed doubtful from the get-go. 

Edited by Cappybara

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

PR 2008, Cadets 2011, Crown 2013. What do they have in common besides beating BD at finals? They all went west that year.  

Looks like Bloo 2016 broke that streak

2 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

Bloo is welcome in Pasadena and Riverside too! Heck all the corps from back east come on out west. Us Cali fans are dying to show all of you some love!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

God I would love to see them at Stanford. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I wouldn't say anything is in the bag. BD isn't incredibly far ahead in visual. Neither is SCV super ahead in music. It's gonna be very close for the next few weeks.

I disagree. Yet BD have been dominating Visuals since the start of the season. So yeah I hold on to my words on that visuals for BD is already in the bag, only gonna get better.

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Looks like Bloo 2016 broke that streak

Yes sir they did. Well deserved by Bloo that year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yes... But this isn't really like last year.

In general, it's good to travel with your competition. But you just never know who that is going to be anymore.  3 years ago, you wouldn't have known that SCV would be holding a comfortable (quasi-untouchable) lead.  I guess you are always smart to meet up with the Devils as much as possible... But they have been in 4th before against a multitude of solid competition.

There are too many great corps today to have a good 'tour strategy'.

I think you just try to write a show that entertains and checks the boxes and then dance with the one that brung ya!

• Like 1