Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

5 hours ago, kbbandman said:

When was the last time prior to this season that SCV beat BD in brass?

Out of curiosity, boredom, and inability to sleep, I looked this up. 

They beat BD in brass twice, early season, last year.  At the Pasadena and Stanford shows. 

Prior to that, they beat BD in brass Quarterfinals of 2009.

Prior to that, they beat BD in brass Quarterfinals of 1999.  I stopped looking any earlier than that.

I was skimming, so it's possible that I missed some early season brass victories over the last 20 years.  SCV has had some good brass lines over the years, but it's been a rare feat that they beat BD in that caption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I wonder if someone’s drum fell off and other guys dropped their sticks and played with their fingers. 

To be fair, that sounds like something the Cavs drumline would do as a visual and musical trick.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thtrmpt said:

Uh...  SCV won visual over BD at Riverside and Pasadena... the most recent two shows with BD before this one. 

Okie Dokie, still doesn't mean they not dominant.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

5 hours ago, NeutralNovice said:

NO, your logic is wrong.  I just wanna see Bluecoats and Cavaliers for the first time ever lol.  Purely selfish reasoning while backing it up with unfounded statistics. 

My logic is wrong?

You don't believe that the solution is to write the best show that they can that entertains and checks the boxes?

9 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Was wondering how the Bible Belt was going to take to the Cavies closer. Men in dresses, rainbow flags, rainbow tarp, men reading fashion magazines. I remember in ‘16 having to listen about the Trump sign in Propaganda.

It did not go over well, there were groans and mumbles in my section. One father said to his son, You'll never march with that band.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

28 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

It did not go over well, there were groans and mumbles in my section. One father said to his son, You'll never march with that band.

People freak out over teenage guard screams and are upset when stank eye doesn’t deter them, yet seemingly, accept the above behaviors... oh what a world! The discussion was to educate these incorrigible young ladies. i believe I would have offset the groans and mumbles with unabashed adoration, yes screaming even toward said group(s).  One persons “ you’ll never march with that band is another’s “ You’ll Never  Walk  Alone.”  #notthatfather

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

People freak out over teenage guard screams and are upset when stank eye doesn’t deter them, yet seemingly, accept the above behaviors... oh what a world! The discussion was to educate these incorrigible young ladies. i believe I would have offset the groans and mumbles with unabashed adoration, yes screaming even toward said group(s).  One persons “ you’ll never march with that band is another’s “ You’ll Never  Walk  Alone.”  #notthatfather

Did someone say they were accepting the above behaviors?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Did someone say they were accepting the above behaviors?

No.  He’s just being obtuse.  Which is nothing new on here. 

Because the logical conclusion to come to because you don’t like screaming in your ear for hours, is that you’re a homophobe. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

As expected. Especially in Oklahoma. 

Never thought I’d say this, but hopefully Texas will be more “liberal” and accepting. Hope they realize it’s all in jest. 

• Like 1