Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

54 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

What about the young ladies that excel in NCAA baseball/softball and other sports that only employ men. Why not take the fight there seems their would be a bigger stage than dci. I never won anything at all but don't use discrimination as an excuse. Feeling sorry for the women of the world just because they can't be Cavies is shortsighted and a weak way to get the SJW's point across, if there is one.

NCAA baseball/softball is based on meritocracy. If a young woman can prove herself to have the necessary baseball/softball skills that makes them capable of performing to the level of the young men then they would most certainly be allowed to play. If they are not allowed despite this skill level I would think then I would think it would only be because of the misguided prejudices of those making the selection and that would most certainly be wrong. If you follow Woman's collegiate sport then you would believe, as I do, that their will be more and more instances in which young women will be performing with the young men. They will not be denied. 

It is my understanding Drum Corps auditions and acceptance are based sole on capability with the exception of two. These two Corps continue to deny young women to be able to perform with them no matter how exceptional they are. If this were 1976 and Bonnie Ott, that years Mellophone soloist for the Blue Devils, chose to audition for the Cavaliers she would have been denied based solely on her gender and that would have been way back in 1976 or forty two years ago. 

45 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Back in college, I was a member of the Titanic Historical Society.  We got first dibs on casting as extras in the James Cameron film. The only caveats were that you had to be available for six weeks in Baja... and be under 5'8".  The ship was built 80% to scale, so people also had to be 80% to scale or they'd look like giants.  I'm 6', sadly...

Mike

Yeah, the Baby Bop and BJ actors had to be little people to fit in those costumes.

23 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I know all the tricks believe me I can bring out the trolls, shills and the XXX's at will. But this is not about me and I don't take things personally so fire away I enjoy it. I re-read the statement and it's just as hurtful and disrespectable as the statements about the Cavies. Your not getting $3.50 a post to push your ideology like GLP because I can make your rich.

Hey Cappy, PENNY (or 350 of them)  for your though(s)!! 

• Haha 1

Logged on during my layover for this!  Saving battery! 

6 minutes ago, Bsader said:

If a young woman can prove herself to have the necessary baseball/softball skills that makes them capable of performing to the level of the young men then they would most certainly be allowed to play.

Agreed I was wrong and would like to see this issue put to bed. We all love this activity and have that in common even though in may not be perfect. I am throwing in the towel.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. 

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Agreed I was wrong and would like to see this issue put to bed. We all love this activity and have that in common even though in may not be perfect. I am throwing in the towel.

…………...sending up an S.O.S.

5 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

sending up an S.O.S.

Right I will go back to GLP and make some money by bouncing my IP address around I am the Troll, Shill, SJW and the agitator all in one. Sometimes I make $50 to 60 dollars a day just arguing with myself, life is a stage we need to make the most of it.  

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

What about the young ladies that excel in NCAA baseball/softball and other sports that only employ men. Why not take the fight there seems their would be a bigger stage than dci. .

You know.. I was hoping you'd just let it go. But you didn't. So now you've decided to bring up the NCAA sports on this thread that in your view " only employ men ", and requesting others " why not take the fight there ? ". You seem uniformed or perhaps misinformed regarding NCAA sports the last 25 years or so. Starting with Title 9

Sarah Hudek...Southpaw Pitcher in NCAA Baseball in Calif

Liz Heaston. Willamette University College Football team player

Kathy Klop... Univ. of Louisville NCAA College Football team player.

Katie Hnida... Univ. Colorado, NCAA College football team player

Spirit of Atlanta Drum Corps alums/ fans on here may have heard of Ashley Martin, Jacksonville State Univ. football player. ( scored points for her team too )

There are other women players in many other once all male college sports teams one could list too. Dozens of them.

Again, this is not to pass disparagement to this season's Cavaliers. However, if you intend to bolster your position by introducing other youth activities that you assume are not inclusive when the talent presents itself, then you need to be certain that such entities you want us to compare are indeed exclusive by gender alone. NCAA sports teams are not exclusive by gender at all. And have not been for decades either. That " fight " you are requesting people take up there, has already been " fought " there. And  " won ".... where one's talent,  commitment, character, work habits are determinative for entry and participation... not gender anymore.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

The whole SJW movement is hypocritical so here we pick on the Cavies but who is doing the picking, deranged adults not the kids.  Myself and anyone else with eye problems are discriminated against every show with FLO's buffer flushes constantly varying the resolution. I need two needles placed in the eyeballs this Wednesday just to see my way in/out of LOS in a few weeks. Does  FLO care you think they would being from Austin the SJW capital of the world. These gripes about the Cavies is not coming from young ladies missing out on a dci experience, they much rather date them and have some eye candy to watch, lighten up. It's not the Cavies fault that the SJWs found themselves the minority in 2016.

You laugh about this, but I have a friend who works for a heathcare company that got sued for the buttons on their website not having enough contrast between the text and the button background. And they won.