Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

92. First championship for the Cavaliers.

NO wonder.  I was 11 years old. I need to brush up. 

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

90 then 03 then 15 - the Z pull that uncoiled and then coiled into a S pull (for drill guys Zingali to Sylvester)

Thanks for the 1990 clip!!!

One of my favorite Cadets shows, and IMO one of the all-time underrated championship shows.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

I was waiting for someone on this thread to say something about the Colts performance! I love their show!

• Like 1

Wasn't in Texas, but I've seen the colts show several times and have watched it on YouTube a "million" times! My granddaughter is in the guard! I absolutely love this show! The uniforms are sharp. The music stirs emotions and I get chills everytime I watch!  Very proud of this Corp for their dedication and perseverance. They "learn" with every show and in my book that will always make them winners!  Go Red Team! I am a "True Believer"!!

Edited by Sleaton1949
Error

9 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

which makes sense with the show this year. they aren't just using it as a "wow that's difficult" like they did in 15. 

Eh, I always figured the 2015 one as a combination of throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks, and Sacktig saying goodbye.

I assume the same reasoning was part of why Phantom did Elsa's in Shaw's last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I was waiting for someone on this thread to say something about the Colts performance! I love their show!

Yeah came in here to see how everyone did considering the elements. Been taken over by videos by  Cadets and Cavaliers in the good old days. And the weren’t even in Denton Texas. 

What a great show last night! Despite the brutal heat, we thankfully had a nice breeze to keep us cool. I was thoroughly impressed by the Blue Knights (first time seeing the show this season), and Cadets definitely surprised me with the Z-pull! Another classic moment was presented by PR with the return of the wedge, it was awesome!

Overall, a very good crowd turnout and impressive performances by all of the corps! Bummed about no unis or scores, but it made for a safe and relaxing atmosphere and the performers had fun.

Edited by PhantomPhan91

1 hour ago, afd said:

Yeah came in here to see how everyone did considering the elements. Been taken over by videos by  Cadets and Cavaliers in the good old days. And the weren’t even in Denton Texas. 

Cadets were there.